Normally we hire candidates for our Customer Champion team to work a standard Monday to Friday work week. However, right now we are in need of someone who can help our customers in a full-time, 5 day work week that always includes Saturday and Sunday in all time zones. If you’re excited about this role but you’d prefer a Monday to Friday work week, check out our jobs page for other roles that may be a good fit.
We’re looking for someone who loves helping people solve tricky technical problems. If you love interacting with people on a daily basis to help them learn how to optimize their work then read on…
- You’re empathetic to new users and can easily put yourself in their shoes. You realize that not everyone has the same skill set and that smart people sometimes make mistakes. You make customers feel empowered after interacting with support and not stupid because of a small mistake.
- You obsess over the details. Maybe you have a one emoticon and one exclamation point rule of thumb for every email. Maybe it’s only two sentences per paragraph. Either way, you make sure each word and each punctuation mark makes the customer delighted to work with you.
- You love solving problems. Every customer is different, many times radically so. You relish being able to meet their specific need, and also solving their problems that may have gone unsaid.
- You love to write. Almost everything at Zapier is done via written communication (both with customers and between teammates).
- You’re persistent. Support at Zapier is much different than at many software companies. It’s not the same questions over and over again, and often involves researching technical nuances of the apps we support. You love the opportunity to solve new problems every day and won’t give up when you don’t know the answer right away.
- You love doing things efficiently. At Zapier, the work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves.
- You love to set your own course. At Zapier, we have quick team meetings each week and one-on-one meetings every month and then we go make things happen. You get to make things happen without someone saying so.
- We believe giving the best support to our customers is important. For that reason, we only consider candidates who want to dedicate at least the next year or two to giving great support to Zapier customers.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you’ll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Help our newest customers via email and/or live chat get up and running to ensure they have the best experience possible (teammates tend to send 40+ emails every day), troubleshooting their problems and answering their questions.
- Write documentation to help users help themselves (a lot of the documentation on our help site is written and maintained by the support team: https://zapier.com/help/)
- Identify trends in the feedback we receive from customers, and turn that into insights for our partner teams
- Experiment: this is a startup team so everything can change
To apply for this job please visit zapier.com.