Senior Manager, Accounting
We are looking for a proactive, highly motivated, and technically savvy Senior Manager, Accounting to join our growing accounting organization! Reporting directly to the Assistant Corporate Controller, the Senior Manager, Accounting will own the critical and highly visible accounting processes around cost of revenue (COR), and lead a team of accountants. The Senior Manager, Accounting will deliver accurate financial results in a high-growth, fast-paced environment, and will play a tactical role in scaling the COR accounting function and helping build a world class organization.
You will join a dynamic and highly collaborative accounting organization and play a critical role in overseeing the COR accounting function, strategizing and implementing process improvements, and scaling the accounting close process. You will provide leadership and develop direct reports, and will regularly work cross functionally with other Fastly teams, such as Infrastructure, Supply Chain, Engineering, and Workplaces.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee COR accounting team of 3-4 and manage day-to-day accounting for all cost of revenue accounts, including bandwidth, colocation other data center costs, managed services, departmental personnel-related costs, depreciation and amortization, etc.
- Own accounting processes and controls around fixed assets, leases, capitalized software development costs, and the monthly/quarterly fluctuation analysis
- Analyze departmental costs for proper allocation between COR and non-COR departments and assess allocation assumptions on a periodic basis
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies, procedures and SOX controls through detailed review of journal entries, reconciliations and fluctuation analyses
- Manage deliverables to internal and external auditors
- Deliver timely and accurate management reporting, GAAP reporting, oversee COR process improvement initiatives, and lead other ad-hoc projects
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 8+ years of progressive accounting experience, including experience in a supervisory / leadership role at a publicly traded company
- Extensive knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Big 4 public accounting experience and CPA strongly preferred
- Ability to think strategically, build cross-functional relationships, and take initiative to drive results
- Experience with NetSuite, Blackline, Coupa and G-Suite preferred
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Passionate about improvement and receptive to feedback
To apply for this job please visit www.fastly.com.