WalletHub is one of the leading personal finance destinations in the US and rapidly growing. We’re looking for a highly skilled and motivated Systems Administrator for a full-time, permanent position.
- Ensure proper security, monitoring, alerting and reporting for the infrastructure and be the on-call for production servers
- Develop security monitoring and other tools to ensure the integrity and availability of our applications, server resources, reviewing system and application logs
- Work with the incident team to diagnose and recover from hardware or software failures working with or as the Incident Commander to coordinate and communicate with our internal customers
- Assist project teams with technical issues during development efforts
- Gather system requirements and support several project teams in evolving, testing and rolling-out new products and services, then transitioning the site or product to post launch operations activities throughout life of the product or service
- Work with the application development team and other systems engineers to make improvements to current infrastructure
- Document processes and procedures and follow a formal change management procedure.
You are the ideal candidate for this job if you have:
- 3+ years of experience administering UNIX/Linux server required or equivalent work experience (preferred)
- 3+ years of experience with Apache, Tomcat and any other Java application servers and relational database servers like MySQL (preferred)
- Experience with configuring and securing mission critical production servers
- Experience with configuring load balancers and data
- Experience in scripting, with experience implementing automation and monitoring using Shell scripting and Python
- Experience in analysis and system performance tuning
- Critical thinking skills in a complex IT environment to analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve problems without direction
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience with monitoring tools like Nagios, tripwire, aide etc and other custom monitoring tools (good to have but not required).
- Very competitive salary based on prior experience and qualifications
- Potential for stock options after the first year
- Raise and advancement opportunities based on periodic evaluations
- Health benefits (in case you will be working from our office in Washington, D.C.)
- Visa sponsorship (in case you will be working from our office in Washington, D.C.)
To apply for this job please visit wallethub.com.