InVision’s Customer Solutions team is in search of an experienced Technical Writer to make our customer-facing documentation accurate, engaging, and accessible.
About the Team:
This role is part of the Customer Solutions team which helps prospects and customers understand and get the most value out of our products. Customer Solutions include pre-sales Solutions Consulting, post-sales Product Consultants, Product Training/Content, Tools, Operations, and Support. This role will be part of the team that’s responsible for creating new content and maintaining existing content in our customer Knowledge Base and Getting Started Guides. As a core part of the Customer Solutions team, you’ll work closely with cross-functional partners in Marketing, Product, Engineering, and global customer-facing teams to create resources that not only document what the product does but also accelerate the newly onboarded customer’s journey from novice to power user.
What you’ll do:
- Write clear, simple content for a widely varying audiences—from internal stakeholders to designers, developers, and system administrators
- Produce and maintain world-class documentation, including User Guides, FAQs, Integration Guides, etc.
- Organize and structure documentation to make it more accessible, engaging, and discoverable
- Independently anticipate content needs based on enhancements and releases in a fast-paced environment
- Monitor key metrics, analyze underperforming content, and suggest ways to enhance documentation
- Collaborate openly and effectively with a range of stakeholders to plan, schedule, track, and communicate status for documentation work, ensuring seamless delivery of customer-ready docs for both internal and external product release dates
- Continually study the latest tech writing best practices and help documentation trends, actively raising the bar for InVision documentation by implementing what you learn
What you’ll bring:
- Broad experience developing standards, best practices, and managing documentation
- Exceptional organizational, writing, editing, formatting, collaboration, and communication skills
- Experience collaborating with product managers, customer support reps, and other stakeholders to create content aligned with product releases
- Ability to express ideas clearly and diplomatically, communicating effectively across project and management teams
- Experience working with HTML and CSS and understanding of SEO concepts and how readers find and use content on the web
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Passion for providing a great user experience
- Experience with Zendesk, InVision, and design tools is a plus!
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.