Website Synergy Sports
Synergy Sports, the single source for computer vision, AI-driven video and data solutions for sports, seeks a talented Technical Project Manager to join our fully remote engineering team.
This position offers tremendous opportunities to work with the only company that delivers on-demand professional-level basketball, baseball, and hockey analytics linked to supporting video to nearly 1500 pro teams, international, and college teams. Our systems are highly complex and contain petabytes of data and video requiring extremely talented engineers to maintain the scale and efficiency of its products.
Synergy’s work environment is geographically distributed, with employees working from home offices. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a virtual office using online collaboration tools for all communication and interaction in English.
We are a globally distributed team and we work on an asynchronous model with flexibility of when and where you want to perform your job, while still being able to attend team calls and regular meetings. Personal initiative and a strong work ethic are highly encouraged and rewarded.
The company is deadline driven and provides a very transparent freedom and responsibilities culture to all our teams. We strongly believe striking the balance between work and family is very important and our culture is focused on the well being of our team and their loved ones.
This is a software project management role that partners closely with Product owners, Technical teams, Sales teams and Support tiers to help ensure successful planning, delivery, insights, and the iterative, incremental growth of both Synergy products and processes within Synergy.
Note: This is a fully remote role and your physical location can be anywhere in Europe.
- Manage multiple data projects simultaneously in a scaling Agile environment, ensuring highly skilled software engineers can deliver cross-platform, multi-sport data and video services using on-prem and cloud architectures.
- Establish and communicate release strategies for small to large initiatives, instituting process and tooling where needed for effective build automations, merge/deployment improvements, configuration management, test and sign-off states, alerts and notifications, logging and performance measures.
- Drive unrefined or emerging business requirements to clarity, formulating and delivering solutions to schedule with hardware, software and security considerations costed and approved.
- Help evolve and coach teams in agile mindset for planning, execution and operational hand-off practices, establishing scrum or kanban management of project teams as needed, with twin goals of helping teams before more efficient with sufficient time for planning, costing, and quality management while establishing the insights and value provided by project management offices.
- Manage complex task breakdowns, ensuring optimum organization and efficiency.
- In a CI/CD environment, triage, assign and oversee release of internal, external and 3rd party integrations for API features and servicing requests, ensuring high quality control and full preparedness for dependent teams and services or products.
- Coordinate data dependencies with app and operations teams to ship customer products on Mac, Windows, Web and Mobile platforms against immovable sport season schedules.
- Adapt best practices from agile or waterfall thinking, and by working with technical teams, leanly apply methodologies to meet the needs of the project and the team, working to improve quality, standardize process and drive increasing efficiency over time.
- Have a growth mindset towards understanding rapidly evolving priorities, dependencies and risks. Be willing to dive deeply into the customer or business workflows and concerns to fully understand the goals of the project, whether for internal/business or external customers.
- Promote positive, supportive, and respectful culture – be a champion for change that removes impediments for your teams and a dedicated facilitator, able to quickly attune individual resources and overall team focus to align along a delivery path that best meets business goals, reconciling conflicting priorities and opinions before they become an issue.
- Effectively report work status, including progress, successes, actions and risks, during all phases of development, using real-time communication tools and reporting mechanisms.
- Communicate proactively to ensure stakeholders and leadership have enough insight to make game-changing decisions and why, from feature review through to release and servicing cycles.
- Confirm scope, schedule, and resources are aligned to business expectations at all times, in an environment subject to rapidly changing business opportunities.
- Work with Product and Technical leaders to understand project goals, schedules and use cases for current and upcoming release targets
- Translate roadmaps into epics, stories and scoped sprint deliverables, with enough costing accuracy and float to deliver to schedule, given dependencies and team capacity
- Assign work to team members at least 2 weeks in advance, aligned to release priorities and sprint capacity
- Ensure new features from product or business teams are detailed enough for Technical team review and costing; iterate rapidly with owners and stakeholders on new or incomplete requirements to ensure work can be started with enough time to deliver to schedule
- Find consistent ways to manage backlogs of bug fix, feature requests, technical debt or tasks, and improvements
- Escalate problems with appropriate severity and recommend solutions or mitigations to technical managers for decisions
- Monitor stopped or paused issues, volume of issues in technical review (pull requests) and issues needing more information before they can be actioned to prevent a build up of work that would otherwise derail quality, scope or schedule
- Work towards better capacity and delivery reporting, including regression rates, sprint carry over and overall Jira issue tracking, formally and informally
- Focus on quality and reliability in process and practice; keep a strong testing focus in all aspects of the work, both technical and manual QA
- Help document and surface technical debt to planning cycles
- Evolve delivery and reporting best practices with the use of Atlassian Cloud products, specifically Jira and Confluence as a continuous improvement effort
- Solicit and assess team suggestions for improvements, particularly working to ensure enough time for technical tasks and technical debt alongside feature development— build a better base for the future
- Be an advocate and leader for change, leading by example to add value and help teams understand, adopt and adapt processes to best use their talent and achieve committed outcomes
Key Requirements and Attributes:
- Familiarity with agile and waterfall work methodologies
- 6+ years in a similar role in a professional software development environment
- Experience working with globally distributed teams in a remote setting
- Extensive experience in project planning and implementation to prioritize work activities and accomplish project goals within set timeframes
- Strong process skills and ability to effectively understand, prioritize and drive progress with strong attention to detail
- Exceptionally good communication skills and ability to understand technical complexity and handle high project volumes
- Strong leadership, organizational and problem-solving skills
- A background in programming languages and testing procedures, including automations
- Familiarity with Mongo & SQL, containerism/Kubernetes, third-party data ingestion and partnerships, cloud scaling
- Strong understanding of technologies surrounding Machine Learning and AI
- Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles
- A strong interest in sports / passionate and knowledgeable about team sports and stats
- Familiarity with localization and translation processes in software
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.