Australia, Japan, or New Zealand only
More and more companies are using GitHub Enterprise, so the Support team is growing. When our customers have problems, they contact us and it is our goal to help them as quickly and awesomely as possible. We’re looking for an Enterprise Support Manager, in Asia Pacific, who will be responsible for the oversight and performance of a distributed staff answering customer support requests, triaging issues, and providing solutions. Candidates must currently be located in Australia, Japan, or New Zealand and possess legal working authorization.
The position reports to the Director of Enterprise Support and works closely with other teams and leaders across the company.
GitHub works remotely and asynchronously as much as possible. While this role does not require you to live near our office, it will require some travel to meet with co-workers, customers, and interview candidates.
- Manage, mentor, and coach team members
- Provide career development planning and guidance
- Meet 1-1 with team members on a regular basis
- Hire, onboard, and train new team members
- Maintain cross-team communication between Support, Engineering, and Sales
- Work with the Enterprise Support Director on the development and execution of team strategy
- Work with Enterprise Support managers/teams to foster cross team collaboration
- Facilitate the implementation of new processes to improve customer support
- Promote and build upon the unique collaborative culture of Enterprise Support
- Handle and follow-up on customer escalations
- Collect and analyze support metrics to drive improvements
- Experience leading a globally distributed team
- Experience in technical support
- Experience with personnel hiring
- Stellar written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Enthusiasm for working directly with customers
- Passionate about creating and fostering good support practices
- Strong empathy for GitHub users and GitHub Support
Bonus points if you have
- Scaled a quickly growing support team
- Experience working and managing remotely
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub
- Ability to look through and understand code (Ruby / Bash)
- Experience working with and troubleshooting Linux servers
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.