We’re looking for a Sr. Procurement Specialist who’s excited to build a world-class procurement program at Zapier. If you love building systems, crunching numbers, and negotiating with vendors while building strong partnerships, read on…
- This isn’t your first rodeo. You have 5+ years of Purchasing experience.
- You’re highly organized, understand priorities, and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- You love to build. You like to create new processes and improve existing ones. You’re driven by efficiency.
- You love a good deal. You’ve got plenty of experience negotiating vendor contracts and enjoy the challenge of a tricky negotiation.
- You’re data oriented. You approach procurement from a “value per dollar” perspective, using data to help drive purchasing decisions.
- You’re highly organized. You can juggle dozens of renewals, while holding approvers accountable and keeping stakeholders informed.
- You care about the nitty gritty. You are detail-oriented and enjoy crunching numbers to find potential cost savings.
- You’re eager to take on any project that comes your way no matter how big or how small.
- You love to collaborate and coordinate. You are excited to regularly connect with leadership and other stakeholders.
- You’re resourceful. You love a challenge, and you enjoy getting creative to solve problems. You are highly adaptable and are energized by new challenges.
- You’re financially savvy. You have experience navigating accounting systems and departmental budgets.
- You have excellent written communication skills.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you’ll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Own and improve Zapier’s procurement program
- Coordinate with approvers to keep purchases on time and on budget
- Work with our third party negotiation team to find savings
- Continue building our internal processes including Evergreen, Ironclad, and Tropic
- Track spend requests against available budgets
- Track renewal dates and help facilitate renewals in a timely manner
- Work closely with vendors to gather required documents
- Gather required needs from Stakeholders for new purchases and renewals
- Analyze spend history to find efficiency and reduction opportunities
- Assist in spend forecast with Financial Planning & Analysis team
- Identify new technology solutions
To apply for this job please visit zapier.com.