Website Spoton Connections
Our Software Engineer works on product and internal initiatives to develop solutions for complex financial problems in an Agile environment. They actively participate in technical designs of solutions and give constructive feedback to improve our products and processes. They understand business requirements and how their work fits into the bigger picture, using this understanding to identify conflicting requirements and to inform decision making.
Our Software Engineer forms part of cross-functional teams and is disciplined in their approach to coding. They meticulously apply best practices to produce the quality code that is required to deliver Highly Available Systems with very high uptime guarantees. Based in Malta, this role brings with it the opportunity to grow as part of a team of highly talented Software Engineers, who together create innovative technologies that are revolutionising the payments industry.
· Acquire and maintain an in-depth understanding of the business logic embodied in the software, its development infrastructure and project delivery process
· Maintain proficiency in domain technologies and techniques; research and communicate alternatives trending in the industry
· Deliver high-quality software features, following best engineering practices and guidelines, and delivered within reasonable time frames
· Participate in design and planning phases and make effective engineering decisions
· Diagnose and resolve issues and defects identified in code
· Identify risks and dependencies, communicate assumptions
· Help others learn and grow by providing technical guidance and mentoring within your area of expertise, actively sharing knowledge within your domain
· Ensure that your work is reviewed by other members of the team
· 2+ years of experience engineering software in an agile environment
· Knowledge of Java-based server-side/backend technologies, such as Spring, Hibernate, JOOQ
· Comfortable with using frontend technologies like Angular and React
· Preference for test-driven development emphasising well-written unit and integration tests using tools such as JUnit and Mockito; experience with UI test tools such as Selenium is considered an asset
· Knowledge of relational (MySql) and NoSql (Mongo) databases
· Experience implementing and consuming APIs; familiarity with documenting APIs in RAML or OpenAPI specifications considered an asset
· Comfortable with using version control, build configuration and automation (DevOps) tools
· Ability to prioritise effectively and focus on delivering solutions on deadline
· Ambition to drive change towards improvements in processes and technology
* If you are interested in learning Java and have knowledge of any other OOP (Python, PHP, C++, Perl etc) the please still apply!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org