Website Spoton Connections
Our client is looking to hire Full Stack PHP WordPress Developer to join their international team. Forming part of one of agile teams, the Full Stack PHP WordPress Developer owns the challenge of building and maintaining modern, innovative and high-performance websites which delight the end users. The successful candidate will embody core values of trust, transparency, accountability and growth mindset.
These values are at the heart of everything, are vital for all roles throughout the company, and applicants must be able show how they have demonstrated at least some of these attributes in previous employment.
· Work collaboratively with a small, cross-functional agile team, actively participating and contributing to agile events as appropriate.
· Support product discovery through the implementation of prototypes and similar techniques for fast, inexpensive learning.
· Support product delivery by building, testing, and releasing production quality WordPress websites utilizing best engineering practices.
· Write simple, clean and secure PHP code, and SQL queries, with a focus on minimizing technical debt and complexity.
· Implement unit tests and other automated tests as appropriate.
· Refactor, optimize and improve existing code for better maintainability and scalability, and reduce technical debt in general.
· Develop and maintain clear and complete documentation.
· Test own work with a view to minimal work items being returned for defects to be fixed, while working closely with QA to ensure that any defects are promptly resolved.
· Provide operational support for applications and websites when so required.
· Troubleshoot, identify root causes of, and remediate complex technical issues.
· Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
· Motivated with a collaborative and growth mindset.
· Committed to a culture of growth, trust, transparency and accountability.
· Well organized with superb attention to detail.
· Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle.
· Demonstrates strong enthusiasm for quality, and knowledge of what it takes to ship high quality code.
· Dedicated to speed of delivery without compromising quality.
· Equally comfortable developing both Backend and Frontend.
· Knowledge of Git or Git-based code repository systems.
· 2+ years previous experience in WordPress development with PHP, including WordPress theme and plugin development, creation of shortcodes, custom post types, and utilization of action hooks and filter hooks, are a must;
· Knowledge of object oriented programming, and best practices, in PHP; debugging and profiling techniques.
Fundamentals of ES6 and React JS are a must.
· Experience building native custom Gutenberg blocks would be awesome.
· Knowledge of SQL would be great; experience on MySQL preferred.
· Comfortable both consuming and implementing RESTful APIs in PHP.
· Knowledge of PHP template engines such as Twig (preferred), Mustache or Blade.
· Experience or knowledge in any of the following would be an asset: Node.js, Webpack, Composer, Yarn, WP-CLI; experience with Sage and Bedrock by Roots.io would be awesome.
· Able to optimize websites for high scores on Google PageSpeed Insights and Google Lighthouse.
· Demonstrates a mindset of “quality is everyone’s responsibility”.
· Experience writing unit tests in PHPUnit for WordPress or similar would be awesome, but optional.
· Experience troubleshooting complex production issues.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org