The Global Insights and Analytics team is seeking an outstanding Senior Tableau Developer to support our growth and enable us to scale efficiently. This person will have excellent analytical skills as they’ll be resolving all data visualization deficiencies, improving data visualization practices, and creating data visualization process design strategies. The Senior Tableau Developer will define best practices and standards for report visualizations, to ensure readability, consistency, and a positive overall user experience. The main focus of this role will be on implementing best practices in visualizations, policies, processes and environment setup and maintenance, while also helping to transform our data team into the go-to organization for analytics and visualizations. Working with business stakeholders to understand their analytical needs is critical to success in this position. You will apply your Tableau development and visualization skills to provide informative and actionable dashboards.
- Work with key stakeholders to understand important questions to be answered, and to define reporting and visualization requirements to create stunning dashboards for informative storytelling
- Translate complex reports and dashboards into simple and understandable terms
- Champion dashboard quality, consistency, usability and reliability by documenting and applying best practices to design and development with a strong focus on user experience.
- Work on new and existing business reports and dashboards from the perspective of enhancing charts as well as presentation of data
- Participate in projects as a data visualization expert to guide team members on the charts and data presentation strategy
- Apply knowledge of data visualization principles and best practices to assist with the design and implementation of robust business intelligence (BI) and data visualization strategies
- Define and document standards for report format, visualizations, and user-experience function.
- Review and approve new reports, dashboards, and visualizations before they are promoted to production, to ensure they are performant, usable, and meet standards
- Collaborate with analysts and report developers during the design and development stages to strategize approaches to build new reports and associated visualizations
- Identify and bring forward new reporting and analytics technologies and opportunities that will positively impact the team
- Update the team on new features and enhancements as new versions of the software are released
- BS/BA required
- Tableau Certification preferred
- 4+ years of Tableau experience with a strong understanding of Tableau data source development and overall query/dashboard optimization
- 4+ years of in-depth experience with data discovery, data profiling and data analysis
- 3+ years of experience writing complex SQL queries
- Strong expertise in design, development and maintaining data visualizations in Tableau with exceptional knowledge of data visualization best practice and trends
- Experience with UI/UX Design. Interest in delivering elegant and functional visualizations to make a noticeable impact for the business
- Excellent persuasive communication, presentation, and relationship-building skills. Can convey a message, make a point and most importantly listen
- Pays attention to detail, is value and results oriented and driven. Excellent organization, planning and project management skills.
- Prior experience working in Sales, Sales Operations, Strategy, FP&A, or similar field in SaaS organisations with strong exposure to go-to-market strategy.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.elastic.co.