We’re looking for a Product Manager to join the Editor team at Zapier. Zapier’s on a mission to make everyone more productive at work. Over 3 million professionals already use Zapier to save more time, but there are millions more to reach.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to own the product strategy for our workflow editor. As the cornerstone of Zapier, the editor is used by a vast array of customers at different levels of experience and for a nearly infinite variety of use cases. This is a terrific opportunity to help define the future of Zapier by developing an ambitious vision and telling a crisp and motivating story throughout the company.
We’ve been investing heavily in low-level architecture of the editor and surrounding systems in order to enable a new wave of innovation and feature delivery. When you join the team, you’ll help define both the immediate moves we can start making to capitalize on these investments and chart a course of delivering more value to our users for years to come. We’re looking for someone who knows how to zoom from vision to technical details, who knows how to connect deeply with our users and balance their needs with the complex constraints of an established product.
This isn’t your first PM rodeo. You have 7+ years of product management experience, where you’ve managed either SaaS, enterprise, or consumer products.
You communicate the vision for your team and then make it happen. You work with leadership to refine your team’s vision and set a 12 month roadmap for how you’ll solve those problems. You know how to turn vision into goals, goals into a roadmap, and a roadmap into daily and weekly tasks for your team. You excel at keeping a cross-functional team of designers, researchers, engineers, data analysts, and product marketers working effectively and efficiently.
You know how to get results. Through collaboration with your team you routinely deliver meaningful results for the business. You share and celebrate and build momentum around positive results. You learn and course correct when you don’t get the results you want.
You are data driven. You use data to uncover opportunities and understand what levers to pull to drive business results. You know how to measure the results of your work, test it with real users, and understand its downstream effects. You consider the long term impacts of experiments and look for more than just short term boost to metrics.
You have ample technical, design, and analytics skills. While you may or may not know how to code, you have technical skills to support yourself and your team. You use your technical context to make better, faster decisions and to minimize technical debt. You understand design patterns and can create functional specs and wireframes. You can use self-serve data exploration tools to support your own decision making. While you’ll have resources on your team that are experts in these areas, you can fill in the gaps whenever needed.
You are a skilled written communicator. Zapier is a 100% remote team and writing is our primary means of communication. You can use written communication to communicate your team’s vision, roadmap, and progress. You know the right tool for the job whether it’s managing the day-to-day cadence of projects or building cross-company momentum around a project.
You love doing things efficiently. At Zapier, the work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves.
What you’ll do
- Communicate a vision for the team looking out 3-12 months and build a roadmap to match that vision
- Work in a small, autonomous, cross-functional team alongside design, engineering, UX research, and data to decide what we build next and execute on that decision
- Talk with our customers and stakeholders to more deeply understand the problems that we can address for them
- Work closely with product designers on solutions by writing specs and creating wireframes
- Develop a sufficient understanding of technical context to help make better, faster decisions, and work closely with engineers on solutions
- Dig deep on data to understand trends and develop a better picture of the business, the product, or our customers.
- Measure and report on the results of your work (creating dashboards, writing SQL queries, etc.)
- As part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best experience with Zapier as possible.
To apply for this job please visit zapier.com.