We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to own the product strategy to enable our marketing teams to reach the millions of potential Zapier users. You’ll partner closely with Marketing to define new opportunities, tools, and processes for how these teams can scale their impact. You will have the opportunity to have a significant impact on our marketing organization, as you help increase their speed and flexibility and will play a key role in major company initiatives this year.
This year we have ambitious plans to roll out a new content management system, execute on a rebrand of our logged-out site experience, and scale the efficiency of our email platform and design system. We are looking for a generalist as over time there will be opportunities to work on other initiatives within Growth or Zapier.
Even though our job description may seem like we’re looking for a specific candidate, the role inevitably ends up tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if you meet these criteria:
This isn’t your first PM rodeo. You have 7+ years of product management experience, where you’ve managed either SaaS, enterprise, or consumer products.
You communicate the vision for your team and then make it happen. You work with leadership to refine your team’s vision and set a 12 month roadmap for how you’ll solve those problems. You know how to turn vision into goals, goals into a roadmap, and a roadmap into daily and weekly tasks for your team. You excel at keeping a cross-functional team of designers, researchers, engineers, data analysts, and product marketers working effectively and efficiently.
You know how to get results. Through collaboration with your team you routinely deliver meaningful results for the business. You share and celebrate and build momentum around positive results. You learn and course correct when you don’t get the results you want.
You are data driven. You use data to uncover opportunities and understand what levers to pull to drive business results. You know how to measure the results of your work, test it with real users, and understand its downstream effects. You consider the long term impacts of experiments and look for more than just short term boost to metrics.
You have ample technical, design, and analytics skills. While you may or may not know how to code, you have technical skills to support yourself and your team. You use your technical context to make better, faster decisions and to minimize technical debt. You understand design patterns and can create functional specs and wireframes. You can use self-serve data exploration tools to support your own decision making. While you’ll have resources on your team that are experts in these areas, you can fill in the gaps whenever needed.
You are a skilled written communicator. Zapier is a 100% remote team and writing is our primary means of communication. You can use written communication to communicate your team’s vision, roadmap, and progress. You know the right tool for the job whether it’s managing the day-to-day cadence of projects or building cross-company momentum around a project.
You love doing things efficiently. At Zapier, the work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves.
What you’ll do
- Communicate a vision for the team looking out 3-12 months and build a roadmap to match that vision
- Work in a small, autonomous, cross-functional team alongside design, engineering, UX research, and data to decide what we build next and execute on that decision
- Talk with our customers and stakeholders to more deeply understand the problems that we can address for them
- Work closely with product designers on solutions by writing specs and creating wireframes
- Develop a sufficient understanding of technical context to help make better, faster decisions, and work closely with engineers on solutions
- Dig deep on data to understand trends and develop a better picture of the business, the product, or our customers.
- Measure and report on the results of your work (creating dashboards, writing SQL queries, etc.)
- As part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best experience with Zapier as possible.
Location: United States or Canada
To apply for this job please visit zapier.com.