GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help build GitHub!
Microsoft and GitHub have teamed up to deliver Azure DevOps, the devops tool of choice for many of Microsoft’s biggest and most important customers. Our job is to continue to support and advance Azure DevOps while building bridges for customers to start using GitHub.
For that we’re looking for an experienced product manager to join GitHub supporting the apps area of the Azure DevOps product. The apps team in Azure DevOps is responsible for key customer facing capabilities like Pipelines, Boards, Test Plans, and Repos. You can learn more about Azure DevOps here:
In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to work as a Senior Product Manager with a globally distributed, diverse and a passionate team. You’ll work with product managers, designers, and engineers to research, create and maintain features and experiences for Azure DevOps and deliver them to millions of developers across the world. You will also develop expertise in Azure DevOps product features and help customers understand how to use them effectively in their DevOps transformations.
- Own the product vision for your area. You will be responsible for specific areas of Azure DevOps. You’ll articulate the vision for them and ensure it aligns with our overall strategy for the product.
- Represent the customer. Be the champion and voice of customers in every conversation. You will build direct relationships with customers as well as immersing yourself in customer feedback. You will also build processes to ensure everyone on our team understands the needs of our users.
- Manage the roadmap for your area. Make tough prioritization decisions and build trust with stakeholders by building an understandable, accurate roadmap.
- Measure success for your area. Define key metrics, make them visible to stakeholders, and interpret them to create actionable conclusions and new hypotheses.
- Collaborate across teams. Your success will require coordination across multiple teams and domains, including teams working on Azure DevOps and teams working on GitHub. .
- 5+ years of engineering, developer evangelism, product management, program management, or equivalent experience with demonstrated ability to define and deliver products.
- Skill and enthusiasm for translating customer feedback into actionable priorities.
- Familiarity with modern software development practices.
- Previous experience working with a software delivery team.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with DevOps tools and the DevOps domain.
- Strong analytical capabilities. You excel at and enjoy building models and decomposing complex structures and data into useful primitives and analyses.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary teams and projects.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.