Location: EST to CEST
We’re seeking a Senior Backend Engineer to join our team! The FAST team builds, owns, and operates development tools and solutions. We’re the bridge between the infrastructure and developers, assisting with solutions a
round CI/CD, environments, testing, and reliability. We participate in the whole delivery process, from project creation to observability.
You will work in a cross-functional team (frontend, backend, testing, SRE). You’ll work on various projects, research new technologies, and improve existing services.
You love building new things. You have at least 7+ years of building complex software products. You’re familiar with Python, microservices, and backend frameworks such as Django but have experience evolving larger systems to use more performant languages and tools as required. You’ll have the opportunity to work with software like AWS, GitLab, Docker, Kubernetes, ArgoCD, Grafana, DataDog, and much more.
You can solve complex systems challenges. You take ownership of complex challenges, understand how to improve performance, and help uncover opportunities for improvement. Experience with development tools is desirable.
You love learning. Engineering is an ever-evolving world. You enjoy playing with new tech and exploring areas that you might not have experience with yet. You are flexible enough to think out of the box, investigate new technologies, and propose new solutions.
You’re a great communicator. Not only do you know how to share your knowledge with the team and document things well so they can be consumed asynchronous (we do this a lot as a remote company), but you know how to communicate effectively with software and support teams.
You value our values. At Zapier, our values are at the heart of working together and thinking about our customers. In our remote setting, they help develop trust and ensure we work and collaborate to democratize automation. You see how these values can empower meaningful work, you thrive in a collaborative setting, you are eager to continue growing, and you’re excited to be part of the team.
Things We’ve Done Recently:
- Develop a tool to apply DB schema changes across environments securely
- Implement a CLI to automate local environment configuration/management
- Migrate projects and pipelines from GitLab hosted to GitLab Saas
Things You’ll Do
- Create/maintain development solutions for different engineering teams in the organization
- Identify and participate in cross-team initiatives (developers, SRE, architecture, security, legal, etc.)
- Maintain CI/CD of the Zapier monolith (build, test, and deploy)
- Offers timely, consistent, high-quality support to engineers
- Share knowledge and mentor engineers
- Participate in post mortems and root cause investigations
To apply for this job please visit zapier.com.