Remote in North America
As Zapier continues it’s growth toward our mission to democratize automation, we’re building a new team. Leveraging modern cloud based microservices, this team will be building core backend services to enable secure, scalable and performant authentication and identity management services. This will include machine to machine authentication and SSO. Using established patterns like OpenID Connect and Python, you will be part of this newly formed team and be highly involved in design and implementation to ensure we deliver the best value to our customers.
Are you interested in collaborating with incredibly smart people to build greenfield services that connect thousands of different web applications? Then read on.
You know how to build scalable web apps. You have at least 7+ years of software development building complex web based software products and have a strong command of Python. You focus on designing and building highly scalable backend systems in efficient and reusable ways.
You’ve built Authentication or Identity services. You have experience with tokenization, SSO, Oauth, SAML or other identity management and authentication patterns to develop highly secure solutions.
You deeply value code quality. Testing your code and good code coverage is fundamental for you in delivering a solid product. You document well and lean on automation whenever possible. You know how to address tech debt and formulate strategic plans to address it, and how to ship production ready code.
You know how to build microservices. You know the value of microservices and leveraging cloud based containers. You’ve worked with Docker, kubernetes, or serverless technologies. You may have experience decomposing a monolith or creating new microservices, but understand the core principles of microservices design.
You have a strong systems oriented mindset. You know how to design systems in a distributed manner across hundreds (and even thousands) of servers, and understand how interdependencies affect what you build. Zapier handles 100s of millions of API calls every week and is growing fast.
You value our values. At Zapier, our values are at the heart of how we work together and how we think about our customers. In our remote setting, they help develop trust and ensure we work and collaborate together to democratize automation. You see how these values can empower meaningful work, you thrive in a collaborative setting, you are eager to continue growing and you’re excited to be part of the team.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a fast-growing, remote-first company. You’ll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Contribute to systems design for identity management and authentication
- Design and build services that execute API calls to thousands of 3rd party APIs
- Work with Amazon services like Lambda and MSK to build scalable solutions that process millions of requests
- Operate and scale the systems you and your team build
- Ship code to millions of users every week
- Building and scaling web products that directly impact our customers or partners.
- Create tooling that enables automation that leverage other microservices in our architecture.
- Develop solutions based on containerized microservices in a cloud based infrastructure
- Monitor reliability and performance through dashboards and tools to ensure availability
- Dig into bugs and feature requests
- Work and collaborate with other engineering and product teams to help them deliver value to customers in new and exciting ways
- Help other engineers on the team and across Zapier
As a part of Zapier’s all-hands philosophy, help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible.
To apply for this job please visit zapier.com.