We’re looking for a Senior Agile Practitioner to join our growing Agile team to coach several Agile engineering teams and support organizational programs and projects. Interested in helping build the tool for partners and developers that powers automation for millions of professionals?
Even though our job description may seem like we’re looking for a specific candidate, the role inevitably ends up tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if:
You’re motivated by juggling multiple stakeholders, requirements, and inputs and distilling all of it down to a clear set of priorities and implementation plans in order to help teams get great stuff done.
- Whether by nature or title, you are comfortable creating plans and organizing teams to work toward a common goal.
- You are a natural at developing processes to organize multiple work streams. You’ve worked in both Scrum and Kanban and are comfortable guiding teams to apply the right agile process to the problem. You leverage tools to ensure maximum productivity.
- You’ve successfully supported both single team deliverables and several, multi-team deliverables of varied complexity.
- You effortlessly work across department lines to gather feedback, gain traction on solutions, and rally resources to address the needs of your project or program. You are able to articulate plans, progress, and challenges in both a written and verbal manner to folks of varying technical ability.
- You’re at home explaining your team’s plans and progress to folks of varying roles and technical ability.
- You’re comfortable identifying risks and clearly communicating them to stakeholders.
- You’re conversant in SaaS software stacks. APIs, technical documentation, and technical requirements are all familiar territory.
- You’re adaptable. You’ve been in fast-growing companies and know-how to build, change, and adapt to the needs of a company as it grows.
- You have experience coaching agile teams through improvements and changes.
- You may have one or more agile certifications.
Things You’ll Likely Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you’ll likely get experience on many different projects and programs across the organization. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Through coaching and hands-on work, you help multiple teams prioritize their work and improve their agile practices to foster empowered teams that can solve complex problems.
- You will partner with cross-functional stakeholders and leaders to plan and support the delivery of projects or programs through the entire lifecycle.
- Work closely with the Product Engineering teams and their stakeholders to identify inter-team dependencies and ensure they are addressed.
- Support kanban and scrum development processes across the Product Engineering teams.
- Ensure teams are focused on continuous improvement.
- Communicate challenges/blockers, progress, and changes with all stakeholders and liaison between the groups.
- Collaborate with other agile practitioners to plan and improve the support for agile across Zapier product engineering.
- Report progress on goals (OKRs) to the greater Zapier team.
- Act as the Jira administrator for the teams you are working with.
- As part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best experience with Zapier as possible.
To apply for this job please visit zapier.com.