We are seeking a hardworking, technically savvy writer who can help our users understand how to efficiently use our endpoint Security solution.
Does this sound like the job for you? Check out our docs, install and tinker with the products that interest you, and think about where you might fit in. Then, show us your writing chops. Tell us why you’re interested and what you can bring to the role. Upload relevant writing samples, or provide links to your portfolio, GitHub contributions, or other publicly available content with your application.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Work side-by-side with Elastic engineers, product marketing, support, and your fellow writers to document new features, improve our existing content, and help users succeed with the entire stack
- Produce how-tos, tutorials, user guides, and other finding aids for our knowledge base
- Follow Elastic’s Git-based software development process. Being comfortable using Git and GitHub is essential
- Review and edit documentation changes contributed by other Elastic employees and our open source communities
- Identify problem areas or structural deficiencies and proactively contribute to their improvement
- Test both the product and its documentation for accuracy and consistency
- Collaborate with other content creators at Elastic from Engineering, Marketing, Design, Support, and beyond to help tell a consistent Elastic story
What You Bring Along:
- 5+ years in a Security, SaaS, or IT environment that included writing customer-facing documentation for products. You understand the craft of technical writing and how it differs from other types of writing
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in experience in English, Communications, Journalism, or a related field
- A proactive and forward-thinking attitude to resolving problems and delivering results
- Keen attention to detail, sentence structure, and grammar
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Comfortable reading code in one or more languages
- Ability to thrive, without much oversight, in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Experience in prioritizing and understanding the lifecycle of documentation from pre-release through ongoing maintenance
- Familiar with using basic image editing software, such as Snagit or Sketch
- Experience authoring content in a lightweight markup language such as Markdown, Asciidoc, or Wikitext
- Availability to work core hours in the United States
- Familiar with modern web development and technologies used to build applications
- Familiar with documenting REST-APIs
- Happy working from the command line and able to write basic scripts and examples
Members of our doc guild are embedded with their engineering teams and help shape the evolution of our products and services. We care deeply about giving you ownership of what you’re working on. We believe Elastic achieves greatness when you are free to pursue your ideas and are surrounded and challenged by your peers. You are encouraged to comment on anything, regardless of your role.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.elastic.co.