Kasa is building a global accommodations brand unlike any other. We took the best that hotels and short-term rentals had to offer and created a new class of hospitality that is affordable, trustworthy, and in convenient locations. Our guests enjoy seamless check-ins, spacious apartments and attractive amenities, helping them feel right at home. If anything comes up, our remote customer service is available 24/7, ensuring our hospitality is felt, not seen.
Behind the scenes, we leverage technology and innovative operations to build a globally scalable offering that delivers high quality stays. Our products and systems unlock unparalleled flexibility to operate anywhere from a few to a few hundred Kasas in any type of building, in just about any location. We currently have Kasas in over 17 states and are expanding into new markets all the time.
All of this is made possible by our team members, each of whom plays a critical role in fulfilling our vision and mission. We strive to foster a culture that values feedback, support, and collaboration throughout the organization. As a remote-first company, we work hard to bridge the gap of distance through initiatives that foster connection across Kasa. A few examples include engaging All-Hands meetings, department get-togethers (online and in person), and teamwide celebrations of important milestones. We encourage team members to stay at Kasa properties to experience our product firsthand and meet local team members when nearby. Guests are critical to Kasa’s mission. Accordingly, every new **Kasa team member gets trained in Guest Experience during their onboarding.
Our team is fortunate to have diverse backgrounds, personalities, and experiences united by a commitment to excellence and passion for our industry. If Kasa’s vision and culture speaks to you, and you’re up for the challenge of building a company on the cutting edge of real estate, we would love to have you on our team!
We are looking for a remote-based, data analyst rock-star to join our newly formed Business Operations (BizOps) team at Kasa! This is a unique opportunity to help build data systems and frameworks for how we leverage and use operational data into our company’s strategy. The ideal candidate will be strategic, highly analytical, data-driven, and an outstanding collaborator.
In this role, you will report to the Director of Business Operations, while working closely with the executive team, and various cross-functional stakeholders. This is a rare opportunity to impact a fast-growing startup, with high visibility into Kasa’s Operations, Product, Business Development, and our various customer-facing teams.
About the Team
Kasa is building a world-class BizOps team and you will be one of the founding members. It’s exciting to be part of a team that sets new standards at Kasa.
The newly formed BizOps Team is tasked with unleashing Kasa’s potential through data-informed performance management, well-designed processes, and execution of strategic initiatives. We are comprised of a group of proactive, challenge-seeking, problem solvers. We bring a data-driven approach to our work, we thrive in situations that require rolling up our sleeves, while also working strategically on some of the most impactful projects across the business. This remote role will be the fourth hire on the BizOps team, allowing for significant upward mobility within our fast-growing organization. You will report directly to our Director of Business Operations, a strong operations leader with great experience in both successful start-ups and large, global organizations like Uber and JUMP
Day in the life of a Kasa BizOps Analyst
Like most Operations teams in a high-growth start-up, there is no ‘typical day’. This role will require wearing many different hats, with a focus on data analysis, while also leading special strategic projects to expand potential growth area across the business. With a heavy focus on leveraging your technical skill-set (data modeling, data analytics, etc), you’ll be tasked with bringing data and analytical insights into our decision making processes and improving our business operations.
Although no day looks the same, most days will have a mix of working with various cross-functional stakeholders to gather business requirements, diving into our datasets from disparate sources, while utilizing tools like SQL, Looker, Python, etc. to drive the business forward. Succeeding in the role will require exceptional analytical capabilities, excellent communication skills, and an innate curiosity.
- 4+ years of experience where analytics is the primary focus and skill
- Advanced proficiency with programming / query language to manipulate data (SQL, Python, R, etc.)
- Advanced skills and experience with building solutions in business intelligence / visualization tools (ie. Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience with web services and API integrations
- You are an expert communicator and comfortable working with both external and internal stakeholders, including Kasa senior leadership
- You have experience integrating ETL tools such as Stitch or Fivetran into cloud data warehouses such as Google BigQuery
- You’ve worked in a startup environment
- Prior experience in hospitality
In one year, you will succeed at Kasa by having:
- Helped create and improve Kasa’s data systems and tools
- Built out automated processes and solutions to improve organizational workflows
- Created efficient and scalable data-reporting tools, providing insights into our business performance and the success (or failure) of initiatives
- Established yourself as a trusted resource and thought partner for the Kasa Operations teams and the Kasa leadership team
- Understood the guest, landlord and operating team data challenges and proactively led solutions to address these problems
- 🌏 Remote Work: With flexibility as a core value, and over three-quarters of the team working remotely, Kasa employees are able to work from anywhere!
- ✈ Kasa Travel Credit: We love to travel! Kasa employees get an allowance of free stays with us in any of our locations, plus a 50% discount on any nights for friends and family
- 📈 Generous Stock Option Plan: We believe the success of our business should be shared with our team. As you grow with us, we increase the opportunities for you to become part-owners of our company.
- 🙌 Flexible PTO: Full-time exempt Kasa employees are encouraged to take time off as they need and see fit, ensuring that it’s not disruptive to their work
- 💲 Competitive Salary: We offer base salaries at or above market rates plus additional earning opportunities based on the position
- 👩⚕Health Coverage: We’ve invested in comprehensive health insurance options to help when you need it most
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.