The Accounting team is seeking a new addition to the APJ team, an Accountant who will be an integral part of professionalizing our global AP processes, providing support to Payroll occasionally. We are looking for the role to be based in Singapore. It’s imperative that you enjoy working from home, or an unaffiliated coworking space if you do not live adjacent to an Elastic workplace.
What You Will Be Doing:
In partnership with the international and US teammates passionate about global AP, your focus will be AP in the APAC region and provide backup support to the Payroll team based in Singapore when needed. You will collaborate with various teammates including GL Accounting, AR, tax, treasury, FP&A, internal audit, operations, and outside partners. In addition, you will:
- Receive, code, enter, and process invoices for multiple entities
- Work with vendors to resolve past due invoices and reconcile monthly statements
- Analyze and authorize expense reports
- Record AP cash transactions
- Prepare weekly payment forecasts
- Process weekly payment runs
- Build vendor relationships
- Participate in team initiatives and process improvements
- Create ad hoc reporting for various partners throughout the company
- Provide ad hoc support related to AP for statutory audit required in region
- Learn about APAC payroll process; provide back-up when needed.
What You Bring Along:
An eye for detail when it comes to accuracy within our systems and an ability to plan and organize to ensure we’re supporting our partners fairly and reimbursing employees quickly. Prior experience working in NetSuite and SAP Concur is a hard requirement. You have experience in a fast-paced, high-growth, global environment and you are no stranger to building and optimizing the processes necessary to keep us growing without stumbling. In fact, you’re excited to share some of the significant improvements you’ve made in past situations with
us! If that’s you, hopefully you also have:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3+ years of professional AP experience
- Domestic and international invoice processing experience + knowledge of foreign exchange rates
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written. Chinese and Japanese or Korean communication skills are a plus.
- Strong attention-to-detail
- Dedicated problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently in a distributed, dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Positivity! We each love what we do and believe that a positive attitude matter
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
To apply for this job please visit jobs.elastic.co.