The Elastic Security Data Science team is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to develop machine learning technologies to detect and prevent malicious activity across Windows, macOS, and Linux endpoints. We value autonomy, curiosity, fastidiousness, and questioning the status quo. You will collaborate with the broader Elastic Protections team, a diverse set of security researchers and data engineers who lend domain expertise to work with you to solve creative security problems.
- Working as part of the Protections team at Elastic, with other machine learning authorities and data engineers
- Your primary focus will be growing out the supervised and unsupervised models within the Elastic Security platform
- Gather implicit and explicit feedback from the platform we can collect to improve models
- Design experimental ML jobs to identify compromised users
- Participate in collaborative efforts to improve our security protections with malware researchers, threat guides, and other engineers
- Design and develop data-driven solutions that can run on millions of endpoints, cloud-based infrastructure, or the Elastic SIEM.
Skills you will bring:
- 4+ years of machine learning experience; strong preference for a focus on information security problems
- Working knowledge of deep learning, clustering, and graph algorithms
- Experience training models using scikit-learn, xgboost, PyTorch/Tensorflow, Elastic
- Experience using or developing data pipelines including the collection, normalization, storage, and API access of complex event data
- Proficient Python programming skills and experience using ML-related libraries
- Ability to synthesize evaluation metrics, customer feedback, and internal analysis to tell a clear story of model performance
- Enthusiasm for providing novel contributions to the information security research community on machine learning techniques
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and highly autonomous environment
To apply for this job please visit jobs.elastic.co.