Website App Sapiens
At App Sapiens, we believe complex systems should be human friendly.
We work with technology focused startups to augment their products with top notch user experience by creating intuitive user interfaces. Our clients come from a wide range of industries including retail, transport, agriculture and food.
We are looking for a detail focused and assertive Project Manager / Scrum Master to join our small but fast-growing app development agency as we build the next generation of mobile apps for our clients.
The Project Manager is the heart of the team, liaising with stakeholders and driving projects forward. We have ambitious revenue targets and as the company grows, you will have significant opportunities to grow with it and take on more senior roles and responsibilities.
This role would suit someone with project management experience in a software development project who is comfortable working in a dynamic and fast paced startup environment.
We are a fully remote company with all team members working from home. However, once COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted, we will be looking to create monthly meet ups in Bristol, UK.
In this role, you will:
- be responsible for delivery across a number of active mobile app projects
- manage communications between different stakeholders
- manage the project schedule and budget
- create, implement and maintain procedures and processes
- report directly into the CEO at a high level
- collaborate directly with the CTO
- coordinate engineers and resources needed to facilitate app development
- provide clarity to stakeholders by producing weekly reports
- manage the app development process from backlog, through to completion
- ensure the quality of work delivered is up to standard
- occasionally work late or at weekends to meet deadlines
- 1+ years working in a Project Management role with exposure to Agile methodologies.
- Attention to detail – you notice small details and errors, you are specific and explicit in your instructions to others.
- Assertive – you’re comfortable making requests and holding people accountable. You speak your mind and don’t mind telling people bad news.
- Responsible – you take ownership of your responsibilities and don’t let other people side step your processes.
- Highly organised – you are naturally driven to ensure that everything is in order and everyone has clarity on the project.
- Process driven – you like to implement and tweak processes in order to gain the best operational efficiency.
- Clear communicator – you are expressive and accurate in your written and verbal communication.
- Emotionally intelligent – you use your people skills to build great relationships and nurture others.
- Self starter – you use your initiative to get things done and be proactive
- Positive attitude – you have a optimistic outlook that sees challenges as opportunities. You are comfortable with the ups and downs of being in a small business and infuse others with your positivity.
- Humble – you are open to new ideas and believe that every day is a opportunity for learning and improving.
- Good home working space – you need a distraction free area with good internet to take daily client calls. Sometimes these calls will be video calls. You can dress casually for these but you should have an uncluttered background.
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Based near/in Bristol
- Certified ScrumMaster training.
- UI aware – you have some awareness of the challenges of creating user interfaces. For example, you know why the Airbnb app is good and Freecycle.org is bad.
- Experience with software development.
- Experience with product testing.
- Experience with product design.
- Experience or willingness to be involved in sales.
- Salary of between £30,000 and £40,000 per annum dependant on experience and suitability
- Super flexible working with some agreed core hours.
- A workplace pension with employer contributions
- A powerful laptop and budget to set up a decent home office
- Direct daily access to the CEO and CTO
- A generous training budget with time and money available for upskilling
- Monthly 1-to-1s with the CEO to review your progress and personal goals
- The ability to work and travel or work from abroad if you wish
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.