Australia, New Zealand, India, or Japan
GitHub is seeking a Solution Architect for our Professional Services Delivery team. They focus on helping our customers improve the lives of developers working on the GitHub platform. As a Solution Architect you will impact the lives of developers by working with some of the largest companies in the world by crafting many aspects of software delivery. You will help our customers plan, prioritize, launch, and accelerate their initiatives in building on GitHub.
You will succeed in this role if you are a highly technical individual who feels as comfortable working with tech leaders to map out software delivery initiative roadmaps as you do writing code. You will work with customers from the planning phase through maintaining the system. You will be their primary technical contact at GitHub and establish relationships with admins and their tech leaders. This can be a remote position.
The Solution Architect will be responsible for the following:
- Serve as the primary owner of customer deliverables over long-term engagements.
- Provide technical contribution and facilitate development with the broader Services Delivery team.
- Participation in customer pre- and post-sales scoping calls, and ongoing, recurring collaboration with customers.
- Frequent calibration of customer success criteria and providing proactive, creative attention on their priorities.
- Be the primary point of contact and trusted advisor in a technical capacity for customers.
- Help transform software delivery at some of the largest organizations through hands-on assistance.
- Demonstrate leadership in owning the development and delivery of adaptive solutions.
- Proactively seek out new GitHub enhancements and provide demonstrations/adaptive tooling.
- Managing customer success criteria, understand the pulse of the customer, and providing an exceptional experience with GitHub.
- Build customer business artifacts, such as company-specific roll-out plans and timelines.
- Work closely with the Engagement Manager to field customer questions and requests for services.
- Study reference customer cases for concepts to apply for specific customer scenarios.
- Track and share progress with GitHub and our customer to ensure expectations are clear and progress is being made.
- Discover issues that arise and create plans to solve their problems.
- Be on constant watch for process improvements.
- Seek out automation opportunities for repetitive tasks.
- Traveling for GitHub events and client visits up to 50%.
- Deep experience with GitHub to deliver software.
- A strong understanding of IT infrastructure, governance, compliance and business process management.
- Interest in working creatively with customers to understand technical and business requirements.
- A demonstrable comfort in both facilitating and developing solutions.
- Aptitude to proactively engage customers with aspirational and recommended technical deliverables in a self-driven manner.
- Implement and test solutions based on requirements and customer feedback.
- An understanding of several of these methodologies and tools:Software development methods such as Agile, Scrum, Lean, Waterfall.
- Software project tools like JIRA, Pivotal Tracker, Trello, Asana, and MS Project.
- Continuous integration and build automation with Jenkins, TeamCity, TFS, TravisCI, CircleCI.
- Experience configuring the following technologies:LDAP, ActiveDirectory, and other SAML/Single-Sign-on services.
- VMware vSphere, ESXi, AWS, Azure, GCP, and other virtual infrastructure tools.
- Demonstrated ability to connect with people, lead client projects, and help clients solve problems with GitHub.
- Strong ability to cheerfully handle client expectations and project scope during all stages of a client engagement.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivation, energy, and enthusiasm.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.