Remote: Pacific Standard Time, Mountain Standard Time, Mountain Daylight Time, or Central Standard Time zones
We’re looking for Product Designers to join our Developer Platform team at Zapier. The Developer Platform area of Zapier is focused on the general Developer Experience for partner software businesses that want to be available for automation on Zapier. The Product Designer joining this team will partner with a Product Manager and Engineering Manager to lead our Developer Platform team. Interested in helping design the tool for partners and developers that powers automation for millions of professionals? Then read on…
You’re a skilled designer and are continually growing. You have at least 4 years experience designing and building product experiences for end-users and have shipped design for a product used by a significant user base. You have a have a strong understanding of user-centered design and product thinking when making design decisions, and you back that understanding with compelling design solutions. You are able to quickly build up an understanding of all experiences and touch points that go into delivering value to our customers.
You are a skilled interaction designer. You craft high quality, end to end experiences. You build straightforward user flows, information architecture, and utilize the tenants of strong interaction design in your work. You leverage design systems for consistency and pay attention to the details of each screen. You work with engineers to ship experiences that are usable and aesthetically pleasing.
You leverage research and data. You enjoy learning from customers and team members, and you’re comfortable participating in research regularly to clarify or validate assumptions. You communicate what you learn with your team, and work with them to prioritize and iterate on solutions. You know how to measure the results of your work, test it with real users, and understand its downstream effects.
You’re a skilled written communicator. Zapier is a 100% remote team and writing is our primary means of communication. You’ll use written summaries and reports to communicate design thinking, rationale, findings, and next steps to other designers, product managers, engineers, and the full Zapier team. You know how to tell a compelling story in a concise way.
You are self-directed and process driven. At Zapier, we believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves.
A Product Designer’s Role at Zapier
Zapier is a small, fast-paced company, so you’ll get experience with a little bit of everything. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Lead the creation of delightful user-centered experiences leveraging a solid design process.
- Conduct user research and communicate findings to your product teams.
- Champion UX best practices to ensure we’re all making informed design decisions together.
- Work with product teams to craft design solutions that move forward team’s goals and impact company metrics.
- Lead discussions on UX/UI problems, and present alternative solutions to problems based on your understanding of user needs and business needs.
- Request feedback from Design Team members, and other teammates around Zapier through asynchronous or synchronous communication.
- Collaborate and share work early and often. Create clickable prototypes or provide links to assets with your teams for feedback and to conduct usability testing.
- Deliver high quality, complete designs, and specifications for projects alongside PMs and engineers.
- Adhere to established design patterns, or help to build upon and deliver improvements to existing patterns.
To apply for this job please visit zapier.com.