NORTH AMERICA and UK
We are looking for a People Business Partner to join the People Operations team at Zapier. This role is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position formulates partnerships across the People Ops function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. This position is ideal for someone who is new to a business partner role or is informally filled a business partner role.
- You have 5+ years of HR Generalist experience and have been working on growing into an HR Business Partner role.
- You have experience coaching managers and employees within your organization
- You believe in amazing customer service and you alway go the extra step to be a help our employees and our operations team.
- You have a basic working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity & equity, performance management, and federal and state employment laws.
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You can come in and quickly learn the way People Operations works at Zapier while also offering up suggestions for improvement.
- You have experience helping executives, managers and employees work through complex problems.
- You balance your time well. You hold yourself accountable and follow through on your work with little supervision.
- You are obsessed with details. You sweat the small stuff but keep the big picture in mind. You know how important details are when it comes to administering programs or scheduling tasks to help ensure employee happiness.
- You are comfortable working with people at all levels of the organization, from individual contributors to executives.
Things You’ll Do:
- Regularly attend meetings with respective business units.
- Provide strategic guidance to business unit leaders you support.
- Consults with managers & leaders, providing HR guidance when needed.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the People Business Partners to develop and rollout solutions, programs and policies.
- Manage employee relations issues and know when to escalate complex employee relations issues.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to managers (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Work closely with leadership, management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Help to identify training needs for business units and individuals.
- Participate in development and evaluation of training programs to ensure success.
- Partner with the rest of the Operations team to execute on team goals.
- Travel of 5% – 10% for company retreats that rotate to various cities throughout North America.
- As a part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best possible experience with Zapier
To apply for this job please visit zapier.com.