Location: United States
Zapier’s on a mission to make everyone more productive at work. Zapier has helped over 1.8 million individuals and businesses with their automation needs. We’re looking for a high performing Payroll Specialist to manage and scale our payroll at Zapier, ensuring accurate processing and recording of company payrolls, provide timely and accurate financial information, and manage all cycles relating to payroll and benefits. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment that is never boring, read on…
- You have 5+ years of proven experience processing payroll for a company of 300+ employees.
- You have proven experience as a payroll specialist or manager, with a solid understanding of payroll fundamentals and best practices.
- You have an excellent understanding of multi-state and international payroll and have experience managing payroll for the US, Canada and UK.
- You stay up to date on all current payroll regulations and laws.
- You work independently and own your work start to finish
- You’re familiar with a number of HR/payroll systems and advocate for best practices, but experience with ADP Canada, ADP UK, and/or ADP Australia are a huge plus!
- You’re analytical, methodical, and work with a high degree of accuracy.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, are highly organized, and understand how to prioritize.
- You are detailed-oriented and care about the nitty gritty.
- You’re a collaborator and can work closely cross-departmentally in an asynchronous environment.
- You’re eager to take on any project that comes your way no matter how big or how small.
- You have excellent written communication skills.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you’ll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Manage all payroll processing and process semimonthly and monthly payrolls in the U.S. and internationally, including updating payroll related data and managing overall payroll workflow.
- Work with Recruiting, Compensation, and HR to ensure timely processing of all new hires, promotions, terminations and bonuses across multiple systems.
- Provide timely and accurate expense reimbursements to employees.
- Develop and improve payroll processes so they are efficient and scalable.
- Serve as subject matter expert on payroll issues, responding to employee questions in a timely manner through Slack and email.
- Provide world-class customer service and handle confidential concerns quickly and accurately.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local payroll and tax requirements for both US and international entities.
- Record journal entries for payrolls and reconcile financial statement accounts to ensure accuracy.
- Experiment: this is a startup so everything can change.
- As part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best experience with Zapier as possible.
To apply for this job please visit zapier.com.