Work From Home, Nationwide, U.S.
Ginger is a behavioral health system, offering emotional support, guidance, therapy, and medication from professional coaches, licensed therapists, and psychiatrists, respectively.
Our mission is to create a world where mental health is never an obstacle. By harnessing the power and convenience of a smartphone, Ginger is able to provide access to high-quality care to anyone, anywhere, in order to reduce symptoms of stress, anxiety, and depression.
We have a fast-paced environment and we are learning and evolving quickly so we can provide the best support possible to our members. This requires you to be adaptable, flexible, and friendly to a growth mindset. Our culture is extremely supportive, passionate and committed. We’re willing to go above and beyond to reach our goals, to step in and help each other out across all teams, and to give and receive feedback graciously.
As a Part-Time Ginger Coach, you play an instrumental role in making the Ginger mission a reality! You will help people adapt to living healthier lives by discovering their personal strengths, motivations, and skills that will enable them to make lasting changes in their mindsets and behaviors. Coaches have regular touchpoints w/ their members to assist them in constructing attainable goals, offer support and encouragement, track successes and setbacks, and provide resources, tips and strategies to facilitate on-going progress.
Coaches are an integral part of each member’s multidisciplinary care team. They use previous clinical and/or coaching experience, good judgment, and our guidelines to discern when to refer members to a higher level of care, such as Therapy and/or Psychiatry, or other internal or external resources. You will collaborate with our psychiatrists and therapists to help develop and reinforce progress, as appropriate.
As a Part-Time Coach you will be offering critical support to our full-time coaching staff to ensure they and our members alike have what they need to succeed. As well, you will be a valuable member of the wider, nation-wide Ginger-team!
Ginger coaching is delivered entirely through text-based-chat within the Ginger app. This means as a PT Ginger coach you’ll be providing services through the use of a computer and with a strong ability to translate your skills into writing. In addition to coaching our members, you’ll also take advantage of regular team meetings and process groups, as well as 1:1 supervision.
Ginger coaches are ready to be part of a community working collaboratively to bring greater mental health access to the world.
PLEASE NOTE: We are unable to hire licensed clinicians for this role or individuals 12 months from receiving licensure. We are not currently accepting candidates residing outside of the US.
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience, 6 months of which must have occurred with direct supervision, under a qualified, credentialed or licensed supervisor
- MA degree in psychology-related field OR coaching certification from an accredited training program (as approved by the NBC-HWC)
- Knowledge of coaching techniques such as Motivational Interviewing, SMART goal setting, assessing stages of change/readiness, etc.
- Fluency in Google Suite
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with triage and working within a team-based care model
- Have worked with a text-based platform providing care in the past
As a Part-Time Ginger Coach, You–
- Excel at empathetic listening, building strong rapport through text-based chat, and providing compassionate support throughout the process of personal growth
- Have excellent communication, writing and typing skills (spelling, grammar, syntax)
- Have the ability to create a sense of warmth, openness, and calmness through text-based chat
- Have the ability to relate to others and connect quickly
- Work well within a team
- Are open to receiving and providing constructive feedback
- Are adaptable and comfortable with novel situations and change
- Are a strong critical and creative thinker
- Are comfortable and have demonstrated experience with using multiple technological tools in your day-to-day; you are able to adapt and grow with technological developments quickly
- Are able to provide coaching support around a variety of topics such as depression, anxiety, stress management, relationships, communication, and career
- Are a culturally responsive provider, open to and capable of working with diverse populations
- Are able to remain calm under pressure and multi-task when necessary
- Are resilient
The Part Time Coach role is unique and distinct from our full-time coaching staff. Details regarding schedule and structure are provided below–
Ginger’s part-time coaches work a combination of both fixed and flex hours each month–
Fixed Hours: 24/wk
Part-time coaches’ fixed hours shifts are within the following shifts/groups listed below:
E1: Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays: 9am-6pm PT / 12pm-9pm ET
E3: Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays: 9am-6pm PT / 12pm-9pm ET
E4: Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays: 9am-6pm PT / 12pm-9pm ET
- Must be able to work flex hours across all potential needs-areas, including weekends, evenings, overnight and holidays
- The majority of flex hours are scheduled in advance, at the start of each month
- Some portion of flex hours are scheduled with 24-48 hours notice or less and therefore requires our part-time coaches maintain a degree of flexibility for this less frequent but important component of the role
- Flex hours total a minimum of 16 hours and a maximum of 24 hours per month on top of your fixed hours
- Flex hours may be scheduled in one of two ways: According to your typical fixed hours on the days in need or according to our Full-Time Shift Schedule hours, depending on primary need. To see our FT Shift Schedule hours please refer to the table below.
- Holidays: All PT Ginger Coaches are required to work a minimum of 4 holidays per year (Ginger’s company calendar has a total of 14 holidays/year).
To apply for this job please visit www.ginger.com.