This role is for someone who can support our growing team located in Western/Mountain American time zones (PST, MST).
We’re looking for someone who loves helping individual contributors (ICs) achieve their professional development goals while growing a new division focused on supporting Zapier’s newest users. If you love interacting with people on a daily basis to help them learn how to optimize their work then read on…
- You have at least a year of experience leading a team. That might mean you’ve been a people manager or team lead before, or perhaps you’ve led projects or a training program.Team Leads at Zapier have around 3-4 direct reports. You’ll spend 50% of your day in the queue answering tickets, 40% of the day training/onboarding teammates and working with your direct reports and 10% admin work/meetings.
- You achieve amazing results. Your end goal is to drive meaningful, long-term company success. Provide a focus for your team, remove barriers that stand in their way, and hold them accountable for results.
- You create a healthy team environment. You build a diverse and inclusive team guided by honesty, trust, and safety. A manager who creates a healthy team dynamic gets a disproportionate return on their efforts in other areas.
- You cultivate people’s best work. You help individuals maximize their abilities through clear expectations, feedback, coaching, and recognition. Excellent work is accomplished by people who use their strengths and get better over time.
- You’re empathetic to ICs, peers, and users and can easily put yourself in their shoes. You realize that not everyone has the same skill set and that smart people sometimes make mistakes. You make customers feel empowered after interacting with support.
- You love to write. Almost everything at Zapier is done via written communication (both with customers and between teammates).
- You’re persistent. Support at Zapier is much different than at many software companies. It’s not the same questions over and over again, and often involves researching technical nuances of the apps we support. You love the opportunity to solve new problems every day and won’t give up when you don’t know the answer right away.
- You love doing things efficiently. At Zapier, the work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves.
- You love to set your own course. At Zapier, we have quick team meetings each week and one-on-one meetings every month and then we go make things happen. You get to make things happen without someone saying so.
We believe giving the best support to our customers is important. For that reason, we only consider candidates who want to dedicate at least the next year or two to giving great support to Zapier’s team and customers.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you’ll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Hold weekly 1:1 meetings with each direct report (3-4) and your manager
- Hold a weekly team meeting to ensure your team is up-to-date on what’s happening around Zapier.
- Help customers via email or chat to ensure they have the best experience possible, troubleshooting their problems and answering their questions.
- Experiment -Onboarding is a brand new and highly experimental function. Your work may change over time.
To apply for this job please visit zapier.com.