Aviacode is looking for an Neurology E/M and procedural coder with at least 3 years’ experience in addition to any formal training. This is a long-term, remote coding position that will offer you a very flexible schedule and a collaborative and supportive team. This remote coding position is from 10-15 hours per week, employee status, must have own PC with Windows 10 pro.
This position will provide high quality E/M, procedure coding for Neurology. This position also provides education to providers related to coding. The position has the opportunity to code on several different specialties, including hem/onc, orthopedics, primary care, psych, and pediatrics.
Coders will be responsible for reviewing the documentation and identifying and abstracting appropriate CPT and ICD-10 codes, for both E/M and procedures within the assigned specialty. Work will be completed virtually and must be of high quality maintaining a 95% accuracy rate. Coders are responsible for correcting their own denials and provider rebuttals. This position also provides education to providers related to coding and documentation.
- This is a W2 position for a long-term project
- Current CPC, CCS, or equivalent through the AAPC or AHIMA required
- Must have at least 3 years of active E/M and Neurology procedure coding experience
- Must include coding POS 11, 21, 22, 23
- Must include coding of inpatient and outpatient hospital visits, and outpatient office visits
- Must be able to code all types of E/M visits (IP, OP, ED, CC, Obs, etc)
- Must be able to code all types of procedure (eeg, emg, injections, programming, etc)
- Coder will be coding E/M visits with procedures and the ICD-10 codes from the providers documentation
- Must be able to maintain a 95% accuracy rate
- Coders for this role must provide their own computer with the following minimum requirements (you will not be allowed to start working until minimum computer requirements are met):
- Windows 10 (professional or Ultimate) 1703, 1709, 1803
- System type can be x32 or x64
- Installed Physical RAM must be 8GB or higher
- Resolution must be 1366×768 or higher
- Minimum Free Space must be 500MB
- Dual monitors are required. You will not be successful on this project with only 1 monitor
- Must be able to commit to working 10-15 hours per week
- US-Based Candidates Only
To apply for this job please visit careers-aviacode.icims.com.