We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew generation rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all high growth companies it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with over 800 happy customers and exciting new products. We have ambitious plans but with William Reeve at the helm alongside co-founder Tom Mundy and a brilliant team of over 180 talented Goodlordians we are confident we’ll achieve these.
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
And this year we’re proud to have been recognised as a Great Place to work. No one likes a show off, but we can’t not shout about this. We’ve worked hard to make Goodlord great, and it’s important you know this isn’t just words on paper; Goodlordians have validated this which has led to us being accredited:
- 20th Great Place to Work in the UK medium-sized businesses
- 12th in the UK for great medium-sized workplaces for women
- 11th in the UK for great medium-sized workplaces for tech
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to goodlordian’s wellbeing
- Real Living Wage employer by the living wage foundation
It’s an exciting time here at Goodlord. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing, are up for a challenge and share our values, we’d love to hear from you.
This role is a primarily remote role and can be undertaken from anywhere in the UK but you should be willing & able to travel to our London HQ once or twice a month (post Covid of course!)
About the role
Goodlord’s mission is to provide the best renting experience and we are on the lookout for an Insurance Team Manager to help us achieve this.
You will be responsible for your team’s performance and reporting on it to the Head of Insurance, identifying process changes to make the team evermore successful. The team are primarily home based/remote with occasional travel to London HQ.
You will be excited to manage and motivate your team to be the best that they can be, training & coaching the team consistently and onboarding new team members to strengthen the team further!
The day to day stuff:
No two days are ever the same at Goodlord so what you’ll be up to will vary. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!). But these are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy.
Managing and motivating the team
- Ensuring the team are happy, motivated and delivering against targets
- Responsible for day to day operations of the team and making sure it runs smoothly
- Conducting weekly 121s and quarterly performance reviews with each team member
- Recruiting new members of the team
- Managing holiday requests, team absence and weekly rotas
- You will be the go-to person for team payroll and commissions
- Listening to calls, providing feedback and coaching to drive continuous improvement
- Training existing team members and onboarding new members of the team
- Developing and maintaining training guides
- Identifying skills gaps in the team and creating training to develop these areas
- Knowing the insurance products inside out
- Coaching team members to develop their selling technique
- Coaching leads / seniors to develop their management skills
- Be responsible for team performance and activity
- Creating weekly reports on sales and performance data
- Innovating and rolling out process changes
You should apply if:
- you have previous experience managing a telesales team
- you have significant Insurance and/or B2C Sales experience (not B2B sales) – you need to be able to coach and motivate a team of B2C Insurance Sales Consultants so you must have a track record of this yourself.
- you are target and objective driven and have a proven track record of hitting targets
- you’re organised and have proven your ability to prioritise effectively and meet deadlines
- you’re confident following, improving and introducing great processes
- you have a passion for sales and have experience coaching and developing sales teams
- change doesn’t faze you; you take the rough with the smooth and take people with you on that journey
- you get on with everyone and anyone and adapt your style to communicate most effectively with them
- you have a knack for getting people to understand and stick to the rules you implement; people like your company but fear you a little bit too
- you have a positive attitude, and work well under pressure
- what we’re doing here at Goodlord excites you!
It would be great if:
- You have experience in a FCA regulated environment
- You have experience selling insurance to tenants
- You have experience working with a primarily home – based /remote team
Why you’ll love being a Goodlordian
Aside from the role, our culture and our mission, here’s what makes Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be…
- Share our success: we know our success is a credit to our talented and hard-working team members so every Goodlordian has share options
- Be rewarded: we love people who stand up and deliver and set the pace and we reward people for this with performance related pay
- Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- Keep active: Footy Friday’s, weekly yoga, cycling, standing desks. Whatever you like to do to keep fit and healthy we’ve got you covered
- £1000 to learn: your development is important to us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord, but if there’s something specific, you’ll have £1000 a year to spend on what’s important to you
- Unlimited holiday: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge and reboot. We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- Quarterly team socials: a fun activity that everyone can take part in (if they want to!)
- Four legged Goodlordians: we have a few resident pooches at Goodlord HQ who are always up for a walk / play if you need a break from your day
- Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics. We know it’s cliche to say it’s all about the people, but we truly believe we have something special going on here at Goodlord
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment.
In fact one of our one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us, if there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we’d like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come join us!
You Must be eligible to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.