Website IESF Group
Our client is a well-established international group with great products.
The company specializes in open source software and provides Linux and Cloud infrastructure solutions for enterprises.
To enhance the successful team, we are looking for a skilled Linux Distribution Engineer – Java/Maven.
Working fully remote or office-based in Europe / UK.
We are looking for a software engineer with a good understanding of Linux as an Operating System and who has developed software for common Open Source software projects.
The ideal candidate has already gained significant experience in building Java/Maven based projects on Linux and is able to extend, maintain and structure the building of projects based on Java/Maven.
In your role as Linux Distribution Engineer – Java/Maven you will interface with Project Managers, Product Managers, Quality Assurance and with technology architects and experts.
Your task will be to:
• Master the process in which packages are created and submitted to the product repositories in order to deliver enterprise-ready products.
• Write code as a member of the according upstream community and act on errors showing up in our staging area to identify problems and remove these.
• Collaborate with other software engineers and architects to deliver high quality Linux software
Ideal Candidate Profile:
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• At least 2 years’ software engineering or equivalent experience
• Proficiency in at least one compiled and one scripting language
• Very good system debugging skills
• Very good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with open source development
• Substantial experience with Java and Maven build environments
• Excellent programming skills
• Great salary package – base and 10-20% performance bonus (depending on experience)
• Life and Disability Insurance
• Gold Plan Private Medical Insurance – covered 100% for outpatient treatment (including medications and vaccinations, inpatient and day-case treatments, maternity and childbirth benefits.
• The working hours are as flexible as possible
• Endless opportunities to learn
• Creative and productive work environment
• Career opportunities and freedom to express your opinion
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org