Flexible, contractor position based outside of the United States!
GreatAuPair is a full-service au pair agency that provides affordable live-in childcare to American families through carefully screened international au pairs. The US Department of State has designated GreatAuPair as a sponsor of the Au Pair Program, which means we’re able to bring au pairs into the US on a J-1 visa after thorough screening and evaluation.
We are seeking open-minded GreatAuPair Representatives with an appreciation for cultural exchange and a passion for excellence. Ideal candidates will be excellent communicators in English and the local languages spoken in their region. Candidates must be able to recognize and assess personal traits, qualities and key factors as needed to evaluate au pairs for quality childcare.
As a GreatAuPair Representative, you will be working closely with applicant au pairs to conduct an in-person interview in order to assess their maturity, experience and suitability to work as an au pair in the USA. You will also evaluate their English language skills, verify their references and other information as needed. Once the au pair is accepted into the program, you will maintain regular contact to assist her in preparing for her departure and obtaining her J-1 visa.
This is the perfect position for candidates who have previous experience working as an au pair in the USA, people with extensive cultural exchange experience, or for Americans living abroad. GreatAuPair offers generous compensation for each au pair you support who departs to the United States.
We will provide you with the necessary training and guidelines to ensure your success. As such we are looking for GreatAuPair Representatives who can commit to this position for a minimum of one year in either a part-time or full-time capacity. This is an independent contractor position based outside the United States.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes and skills:
- Have previous experience working in the USA, preferably as a J-1 au pair; or be an American living abroad
- Have excellent verbal and written English language skills
- Must be professional, friendly and courteous
- Proven ability as a self-starter who can work independently, take initiative and get tasks done in a timely manner
- Must be tech savvy, experienced with Skype and able to work in a virtual environment with access to high speed Internet access
- Willingness to submit to a criminal background check
- Must have an automobile or other mode of transportation
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Evaluate and screen au pair applicants
- Initiate contact with an au pair applicant upon notification from GreatAuPair that she is ready to be interviewed.
- Conduct an in-person interview to evaluate and screen the applicant’s suitability to work as an au pair and to confirm that she meets U.S. Department of State and GreatAuPair program requirements.
- Assess the au pair’s English language skills using guidelines provided by GreatAuPair.
- Verify the au pair’s childcare and personal references via telephone or by email.
- Confirm that the au pair has completed secondary school by reviewing school diplomas/certificates or by contacting the school directly to confirm.
- Confirm the au pair has obtained and uploaded her medical clearance, signed by her doctor.
- Review criminal background check results to confirm the applicant has no criminal record.
- Ensure the au pair has uploaded photos and videos to her GreatAuPair online profile.
- Submit an online GreatAuPair Representative Interview Report.
To apply for this job please visit www.greataupair.com.