Website Tonic Games Group
Tonic Games Group brings together a family of world-class developers and publishers who believe that games are for everyone. More than 300 people strong; we bring together Mediatonic, Fortitude Games and The Irregular Corporation to create original IP and to invest in independent game developers globally
At The Irregular Corporation, we are a successful independent games publisher, focusing on releasing original games for niche markets and communities. Find out more about us here: https://theirregularcorporation.com/. As such, we’re helping one of our external developers to recruit a Game Programmer, to work on their exciting, upcoming flight simulator game Deadstick.This will be a full-time, remote working role.
About the role
You will be working on the exciting, upcoming flight simulator game Deadstick. You will be part of a small, passionate team, so will be willing to take on a wide variety of tasks and will be excited to contribute to the direction of the project.
The work will cover the full gamut from UI to physics and is built in Unity.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the design process from a technical POV.
- Implementing designs in an efficient, maintainable manner.
- Analysing technical capabilities and resourcing requirements
- Collaborating on the roadmap and sprint planning, providing estimates and technical plans
- Coordinating planning to ensure technology plans are robust and communicated to stakeholders, reporting progress both internally and externally
- Acting as an ambassador for the studio both internally and externally
- Excellent programming skills in C# and / or C++, with an understanding and passion for readable, robust code and best practices.
- You have shipped one (or more) commercial games on Unity.
- Strong understanding of game development tooling and processes, art workflow, performance optimization and memory management.
- Experience using source control systems (the game uses SVN).
- Strong maths skills.
- A strong passion for making great games!
Nice to have:
- Experience of working remotely.
- Experience with modern graphics programming, including Cg/HLSL and/or compute shaders, is a strong plus.
- Experience with mobile SDKs (Android & iOS) and frameworks (e.g. 2DToolkit).
- Understanding of client / server communication and data serialisation.
- Understanding of 2D and 3D animation principles.
- Experience with build scripts and systems i.e. Jenkins, Team City, Ant, Make etc…
- Experience using and scripting common art and 3D software packages (Photoshop, Illustrator, Blender…).
- A passion for flight (virtual or IRL) would be very beneficial!
Want to Work for us?
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.
We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer competitive salaries, flexible working hours including remote working and private health care.How to apply & really impress us.
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.