Website test IO
test IO is a global leader in software crowdtesting. Thousands of qa testers work with us to test mobile apps, websites, IoT software, and more.
Testers who work with us come from all walks of life. Some are software developers or testers, looking to hone their skills or test on new platforms. Others are tech enthusiasts who turn their passion into extra cash. And some are students or are transitioning into a new career, earning while learning. With test IO, you can work when, where, and how you want.
There’s no application process. You can get started here.
You’ll be working as a freelance tester, with opportunities to participate in test runs at your own discretion. You don’t need to have experience in software QA (though you’ll get up to speed faster if you do), but you’ll need to stick with it if you’ve never done it before. If you haven’t tested before, here are some key success factors:
- You read instructions and understand them. If the instructions say that something is out of scope and you test it, you’re wasting your own time.
- You communicate precisely in English. Bug reporting is a particular form of communication that demands precision, concise wording, and logical ordering.
- You are curious. The best testers aren’t robots who follow a script. They like things that seem mysterious. They deviate from the Happy Path. They like to experiment with apps.
- You spot patterns. Similar bugs occur in unrelated software systems, so being able to sense patterns is very helpful.
- You like games. There does seem to be a high degree of overlap between testers and gamers. Part of it is the thrill of the hunt, and the desire to understand the rules of a system and how to beat them.
When you start as a tester at test IO, you’ll get coaching from team leaders, then participate in test cycles with more experienced testers. You’ll get the opportunity to see the kinds of issues they find and how they find them, so you’ll be able to learn as you go along.
You will need a computer and an internet connection. Ideally you will also have access to one or more mobile devices. The more devices you have, the more opportunities you’ll have to test. Don’t worry if you don’t have the latest hardware; there’s strong demand for older devices, too.
As a tester, you can work whenever you want, from wherever you want. You’ll be presented with opportunities to participate in tests, which you may accept or reject with no penalty. You will be paid for issues you find, issues that you reproduce, and sometimes for reviews of the software under test. More serious issues get higher payouts, up to $50 per bug. You’ll know the payscale before you agree to test.
There’s no formal application process. You can get started right away by signing up.
You’ll then proceed to your first test, where we will help you learn how to file reports on the issues you find.
To apply for this job please visit join.test.io.