Are you an experienced client relations manager, business development or sales leader who wants to grow your career and customer base in the marketing space? Do you value speed, growth, teamwork, and the opportunity to enhance your base pay through commissions? Do you have digital marketing chops in addition to qualities like passion, humor, empathy, creativity, and enthusiasm?
If you’re a natural people leader, and someone who can handle a fast-paced marketing and sales cycle without breaking a sweat, we want to talk with you. Of course, we also want someone who can kick back with us, have fun, and celebrate all that hard work. Is that you?
What a Growth Strategist Does at Kantaloupe
The Growth Strategist manages the day-to-day operations of our internal marketing sales team bringing in new clients and growing existing ones. You’ll encourage and motivate a group of your peers to implement the company’s growth and retention strategy, achieve goals and develop new business — all while maintaining and supporting (spoiling!) your client base.
Growth Strategist Responsibilities
The Growth Strategist is responsible for demonstrating best practices while selling marketing products and services to clients. It starts with a discovery call, followed by a strategy session, campaign implementation, and ongoing refinement. This role requires strategic business development skills to identify, prioritize, and act on new opportunities.
- Leading: Able to lead a team and create a sales strategy to reach client and business goals.
- Selling: Present and sell marketing solutions to new and existing clients while training peers.
- Searching: Be proactive in generating new revenue by following up on leads and referrals.
- Service: Be the client’s full-service trusted point of contact throughout the customer journey.
- Managing: Ensure daily and weekly call volumes are on track to grow your pipeline and revenue.
- Reporting: Compile weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual sales reports to address issues early.
- Database: Update databases (Accelo, SalesForce) to ensure CRM data is updated and accurate.
- Self-management: Able to perform at a high level while working as a remote team member.
Growth Strategist Job Qualifications
We encourage seasoned candidates to apply who have the required skills listed below. Also, our Growth Strategist must have excellent English language skills, strong keyboarding skills, and be able to sit or stand for up to nine hours a day while on the phone or using a computer. Applicants with one or more bonus qualifications are more most likely to be interviewed.
- Sales: Minimum 2 years of B2B sales experience with a strong business development track record in a digital marketing sales environment. Four or more years of digital marketing sales preferred.
- Management: Experience in managing a high performing business development team.
- Driver: Able to deliver effective individual and team account performance and growth.
- Interpersonal: Self-motivated, flexible, and driver of feedback, best practices, and change.
- Communication: Excellent English communication, listening, persuasion, and negotiation skills.
- Professional: Trustworthy, reliable, calm under pressure, and able to ensure confidentiality.
- Technology: Expertise in Microsoft or GSuite as well as customer relationship software (CRM).
- B2B: Experience working with small and mid-size businesses looking to improve marketing.
- Bilingual: English is required. Speaking fluent Spanish or another language is desirable.
- Degree: A Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, economics or similar is a plus.
- Software: Experience managing client and sales data in SalesForce and Accelo CRMs is a bonus.
The Ideal Growth Strategist Job Candidate
Kantaloupe is an equal opportunity employer. We value the diversity of people and thought. You may be the ideal candidate for our Growth Strategist job role if:
- You are a natural people leader, sales coach, influencer, trainer and trusted advisor
- You have tons of energy, passion, humor, compassion, and enthusiasm
- Your personality is engaging—you are fun and demonstrate emotional intelligence
- You have a strong work ethic, excellent time management skills, and are highly productive
- You focus on your goals and have a passion for helping your team and clients succeed
- You advance the vision of the department while supporting and enhancing our processes
- You deliver high performance and results for yourself and your team members
- You are based in the United States.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.