The Enterprise Search Site Reliability team is responsible for ensuring the continued reliability and resilience of the Swiftype.com SaaS product Elastic Site Search. As well as SRE duties for the Site Search platform and its customers, the team assists with automation and build pipeline improvements for the rest of the Enterprise Search engineering group.
We’re looking for empathetic SREs with an interest in infrastructure as code, distributed systems, and continuous improvement.
What You Will Do:
- Increase instrumentation and automation in all aspects of day-to-day operations for the Elastic Site Search platform.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any issues occurring in production ensuring constant improvement of the systems as a result.
- Flag, discuss, and implement solutions to areas of toil and persistent friction in production operations.
- Participate in the SRE team’s production monitoring on-call rotation, daily pairing, weekly sync, and constant banter on Slack.
What You Bring Along:
- Empathy, compassion, and the ability to work effectively with other human beings.
- Experience deploying and operating SaaS applications in production.
- Experience in using Unix and Unix-like systems, such as some Linux/UNIX systems administrator experience.
- An understanding of the TCP/IP networking stack (IP addressing, routing, HTTP(S), etc).
- Experience with configuration and orchestration tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Terraform, Capistrano, etc).
- Experience with any enterprise monitoring systems like Nagios, Graphite, StatsD.
- Experience deploying and operating a relational database (MySQL, PostgreSQL etc) in production.
- Software development experience (any platform/language etc).
- Any remote work experience.
- 5+ years overall systems engineering experience.
- 4+ years of experience with Linux systems administration.
- 3+ years of hands-on operational experience in high-volume or critical production web service environments.
- Fluent English
To apply for this job please visit jobs.elastic.co.