Zapier is looking for a strategic, data-driven, and collaborative content marketer to join our growing Content and Communications Team as a team lead.
The Zapier Blog receives 2 million pageviews each month from more than 1.5 million unique visitors. This role will be responsible for developing and optimizing our mid- and bottom-funnel content programs so that we can more effectively capture, nurture, and convert that traffic. There is no sales team at Zapier, which means content is essential to growing revenue through self-service channels, and this role will be instrumental in taking Zapier’s growth to the next level.
The Content Marketing Manager – Education & Enablement is a new role within Zapier’s Content team. We’re looking for an experienced content marketing strategist and team manager to help people succeed with Zapier, transforming them into Automation Heroes at their company. You’ll lead a team of writers and editors to publish inspiring, cross-channel educational content that helps our base of nearly 500,000 users get the most out of automation.
- You have 7+ years of content experience, ideally in the technology industry. You know what high-quality content looks like, and have worked with internal and external writers and creators. You’ve owned the content creation process, have a point of view on content direction, and are comfortable collaborating with stakeholders for content assets such as blog articles, ebooks, reports, tutorials, infographics, and more.
- You have 3+ years of experience leading a team of content editors and writers. You have a track record of recruiting, hiring, and developing high-performance content teams. You can set, manage, and meet deadlines and establish priorities within your team and with collaborating teams.
- You’re a proven content marketer. The ideal candidate has significant experience leading content marketing, customer marketing, and conversion-focused enablement strategies, including managing a content calendar and driving content experiments.
- You love helping users succeed. You have a deep familiarity with how to educate and enable users in the technology space. Familiarity with and passion for SMBs will be helpful in ensuring that we’re providing the best education and inspiration for our audience.
- You rely on data to drive decisions and measure impact. You understand how content fits into the customer journey, and use customer insights to inform your decisions. You use data to analyze and report on the effectiveness of mid-funnel, bottom-of-funnel, and customer-focused content. This person will focus on activation and expansion, with an emphasis on content performance analysis, research and optimizations to maximize the success of our content and conversions.
Things You’ll Do
- Manage and develop a team of editors and writers to create content that helps users adopt and expand their usage of Zapier through educational role-focused content (including written, interactive, video, etc.)
- Lead processes for content marketing production, including project management and assignments, brainstorming creative campaign tactics and encouraging a continuous stream of creation, testing and learning.
- Partner with marketing, community, partner, and product teams to grow adoption and engagement among our users
- Guide and edit marketing content across a variety of formats, including email campaigns, landing pages, ebooks, webinar decks, one-sheets, and video scripts to help improve conversions including signups, activations, and upgrades.
- Drive and execute the mid-funnel and user education programs based on the educational and aspirational needs of current and future users
- Measure and track content performance and develop regular practices for sharing performance insights and best practices with the Content Team and partners
- Build a strong bench of freelancers to support our ambitious content marketing plans
- Leverage our data analytics team and other user feedback to make insights-driven decisions about current and future approaches that will best serve to address our customer pain points.
To apply for this job please visit zapier.com.