Zapier is looking for a strategic, data-driven and collaborative content marketer to join our growing Content and Communications Team as a team lead.
The Zapier Blog covers small business, automation, productivity, and technology topics and receives more than 2 million pageviews each month from more than 1.5 million unique visitors. There is no sales team at Zapier, which means content is essential to growing revenue through self-service channels, and this role will be instrumental in taking Zapier’s growth to the next level.
The Content Marketing Manager – Audience Growth is a new role within Zapier’s Content team. We’re looking for an experienced content marketer and team manager to lead a team of writers and editors. You’ll help propel our content strategy by creating content that introduces people to Zapier and the world of automation. You will focus on driving qualified traffic by leading the creation of targeted role- and industry-focused content with an emphasis on content performance analysis, research, and optimizations to maximize the success of our content and distribution.
- You have 7+ years of content marketing experience, ideally in the technology industry. You know what high-quality content looks like, and have worked with internal and external writers and creators. You’ve owned the content creation process, have a point of view on content direction, and are comfortable collaborating with stakeholders for content assets such as blog posts, ebooks, reports, tutorials, infographics, and more.
- You have 3+ years of experience leading a team of content editors and writers. You have a track record of recruiting, hiring, and developing high-performance content teams. You can set, manage, and meet deadlines and establish priorities within your team and with collaborating teams.
- You’re a proven content marketer. The ideal candidate has significant experience leading content marketing, distribution planning, and on-site optimizations, including managing a content calendar and driving content experiments.
- You’re no stranger to SEO and SEM. You’re curious, experiment-driven, and love to propose and test new ideas to see what works. You’ll work closely with our SEO team to identify content and keyword opportunities that will drive qualified organic traffic and grow our organic search visibility among new personas.
- You embrace an experimentation mindset. This person enjoys educating and mentoring other marketers in their areas of expertise and seeing their recommendations have an immediate impact on content performance. They’re motivated to explore and identify creative ways to grow Zapier’s reach.
- You rely on data to drive decisions and measure impact. We’re looking for someone with a strong grasp of content performance metrics, as well as familiarity with distribution channels across organic, email, paid media, and more. You use data to analyze and report on the effectiveness of top-of-funnel content, including traffic, engagement, and conversions.
Things You’ll Do
- Manage and develop a team of editors and writers to help scale Zapier’s marketing reach and engagement
- Guide and edit marketing content across a variety of formats, including blog content, email newsletters, landing pages, web copy, ebooks, webinars, thought leadership, and video scripts
- Lead processes for content marketing production, including project management and assignments, brainstorming creative campaign tactics, and encouraging a continuous stream of creation, testing and learning.
- Partner with other teams such as Brand, Communications, Social Media, Community, Marketing Programs, Partnerships, Advertising, and Email to discuss content opportunities and optimize our distribution strategy.
- Measure and track content performance and develop regular practices for sharing performance insights and best practices with the Content Team and partners
- Research and write content briefs for articles that are informed by categorical trends and keyword research, establishing a process to optimize articles for search visibility and volume.
- Work with the SEO team to provide data-driven recommendations for content optimization and creation to improve conversion, address keyword gaps and seize new opportunities
- Conduct content audits alongside other content team leads and marketing partners to fill gaps and support marketing campaigns
- Build a strong bench of freelancers to support our ambitious content marketing plans
- Leverage our data analytics team and other user feedback to make insights-driven decisions about current and future approaches that will best serve to address our audience pain points.
To apply for this job please visit zapier.com.