The Cloud Orchestration team develops and maintains the core orchestration system of the Elastic Cloud. If a customer builds a new Elasticsearch cluster or makes changes to it, it’s our software that knows how to move all of the pieces and make that change actually happen in the backend.
We are looking for a software engineer to join our team and focus on the core features of our container orchestration system and its components. Our globally distributed team has a broad scope and a balanced mix of levels, so there is plenty of room to be a mentor, to be mentored, to lead new features, and to advance technically.
What you will be doing
- Build software to handle the container management and provisioning for our SaaS and on-prem offerings
- Participate in code reviews for your team and other teams
- Collaborate with other Elastic engineering teams when working on cross-team efforts
- Debug production technical issues inside a sophisticated stack involving virtualization, containers, microservices, etc.
- Mentor new team members, both junior and senior
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
What you will bring along
- Proven experience with a track record of delivering high-quality code, preferably in JVM programming languages and/or Go, but not required
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and communication between services
- Ability to communicate well with individuals and groups to accomplish a common set of goals
To apply for this job please visit jobs.elastic.co.