Elastic Cloud is a fully managed service for the Elastic Stack, Security, Observability, and Enterprise Search solutions, and we are looking for a Senior Architect/Technical Lead to guide our SaaS product development team. Reporting to the Vice President of Cloud Engineering, you’ll own the technical strategy for a broad scope of our fast growing product, with an impact beyond the direct team and solve large open-ended problems.
Our service is operated at planet scale – across all top 3 public cloud providers, in 50 plus regions across the world, hosting mission critical workloads for customers in every industry. The SaaS team sits at the heart of Elastic’s business strategy, enabling the company to grow by developing capabilities like usage-based metering, billing, marketplace integrations with AWS, Azure and GCP. Our team is responsible for growing our use base across multiple channels. We work hard to reduce friction during sign up and provide a seamless onboarding experience that showcases value of the platform. We collaborate strategically with engineering teams from all major public Cloud providers to integrate natively into their control planes, messaging and analytical services.
In this role, you will be expected to guide technical design and architecture for a team of 40+ engineers. You will spend time reviewing and writing design documents, reviewing Pull Requests and exploring new implementation ideas. Your contributions will be strategic to Elastic – for example, you will play a role in improving our trial conversion rates, improving upgrades to higher subscription tiers, and ensuring we can provide business metrics about our service to key partners like Sales, Marketing and executive teams.
What You Bring Along:
- In-Depth knowledge developing and leading software development for 10-12 years.
- A strong customer focus for building products that are simple and intuitive to use
- Experience developing easy to use APIs for internal and external consumption
- Experience working with any of the major Cloud providers – Azure, GCP or AWS.
- Experience delivering high quality code, preferably in Python or Go
- You can provide pragmatic technical leadership for a group of engineers
- You are able to reason about complex software architectures, understanding the trade-offs, and the dynamics between its components. Ability to discuss topics at a high level and zoom in on the details when needed.
- Lead by example – you can code when needed, review PRs and stay close to the team’s work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ego-free attitude — we are here for the success of the team and the company
What Would Be A Great Addition:
- User of Elasticsearch – understand data modeling, aggregations and querying capabilities
- Experience in user identity management and SSO
- Experience working in SaaS software development teams (not in Consulting or Solution Architect functions)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.elastic.co.