Website Care Sourcer
Are you looking for the opportunity to work at a growing startup that does meaningful work? If so, we might be right for you! We are Care Sourcer (www.caresourcer.com) – an energetic startup whose mission is to fix the broken care system by bringing choice, control and transparency to the market.
We operate in a two-sided marketplace between care seekers and care providers. On the consumer side, we help people who are trying to find care for a loved one (or themselves) whilst navigating one of the most complex financial, emotional and personal decisions of their lives.
On the care provider side, we support a fragmented and underfunded industry which is struggling under the immense demands of an increasingly ageing society.
At Care Sourcer, you’ll be joining a passionate bunch of folk who are committed to tackling one of the biggest problems of our time – and having some fun along the way!
We’re based mainly in Edinburgh, however we recently moved to being remote first and we’re happy to accept applications from anywhere in the UK.
About the job
We’re looking for a Care Customer Support Advisor to act as our front line support in handling all enquiries to our small care matching team at Care Sourcer, and ensuring first class internal and external customer service.
What might a typical work day look like?
Your days will be really varied however typically you’ll be involved in handling customer calls to the Care Sourcer helpline and website, as well as providing general admin support wherever it’s required. In any one day you could be assisting a care home in setting up their profile on our website, providing in-depth support and guidance to someone who is looking for care, or helping with a general admin task.
What would my responsibilities be?
Working in partnership with our current care matching team and other departments you’ll be responsible for:
- Handling all care seeker and care provider enquiries both over the phone and online, and triaging enquiries based on your initial conversations.
- Providing support and comprehensive service information to customers including details of our Care Concierge service (a paid tiered product offering to proactively help people in their care journey), and identifying customers needs within this Care Concierge product range.
- Building relationships with our customers (be they a care seeker or a care provider) and proactively identifying opportunities to enhance the customer experience.
- Administration duties as required – these will vary depending on where assistance is required.
We’re looking for a self-starter who enjoys teamwork and collaboration whilst being very comfortable with the change, variety and challenge that comes with working in a startup.
We’d love to talk to you if you have:
- A good working knowledge of how the care sector operates – although we’ll train you up to our required level of expertise over time, you’ll have worked in the care industry for a while and have an understanding of the challenges people face.
- Exceptional listening skills – you’ll be able to communicate in a clear yet empathetic manner particularly when you’re supporting and guiding a care seeker through their often stressful care journey.
- Good IT skills – you’ll be able to pick up and operate IT/software systems quickly and you’ll be a Google search whiz.
- A customer-first approach – you’ll always be actively looking for opportunities to support others and you’ll get a buzz from helping people whether it’s your colleagues with an admin task or a care provider with an enquiry.
- A flexible ‘can do’ approach to your work – this role will require different degrees of juggling between delicate conversations with care seekers and repetitive admin tasks and you’ll need to be happy to adapt your style and deliver great quality work whatever way the split falls on a particular day.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, as well as high attention to detail.
We know how important perks are and we’re committed to offering the best benefits package possible for our size.
Here’s a summary of what you’ll get working for us;
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- A generous holiday allowance of 34 days holiday a year, plus your birthday day off.
- Enhanced pension.
- Flexibility – we are now remote-first and we also operate core hours of 10am-4pm so that you can fit your work around your life.
- Access to an excellent health benefits cash plan fully paid for by us – from dentist to physio to acupuncture, we’ll help you pay for some of your everyday healthcare needs as well as holistic therapies.
- Enhanced family-friendly benefits.
- The best equipment for the job – we know how important it is to have the right set up.
- Stock options.
- The opportunity to work with a great group of co-workers! Whether it’s a one-to-one cup of tea and a chat, an online murder mystery, a virtual quiz or a socially distanced hangout at the beach (when it’s allowed!) – building togetherness in different ways is important to us and we’re working hard to do this creatively now we’re remote-first.
Want to join us on the journey?
To be part of things at Care Sourcer please submit your CV with;
– Your salary expectations.
– Confirmation of your right to work in the UK.
– A cover note explaining why you’re the best fit for this role.
Don’t forget the cover letter – it’s the best way we have to get to know you!
The closing date for this role is Thursday 29th October.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.