Here at Shopify we are working towards our mission of making commerce better for everyone and empowering entrepreneurship, everywhere.
We are looking for a Business Development Lead to accelerate our growth in Southeast Asia. This is a deal-making role with strategic players in the ecommerce ecosystem. The goal is to rapidly increase Shopify’s footprint in the region and improve the value we deliver for our merchants here.
As the Business Development Lead based in Singapore, you will be responsible for the origination and execution of strategic deals for the region. This means extending our global partnerships into the local markets and crafting win-win deals with big ecosystem players (think of channels and complementary tech platforms) to amplify Shopify through. You’ll be working most closely with the SEA team and reporting into the SEA lead, and you will also collaborate closely with our global and regional teams to get deals done.
Our team is made up of people who go above and beyond every single day. We’re growing quickly, so there are plenty of opportunities to learn and advance. You’ll have the creative freedom to make a real difference in the world of commerce, the support to be your authentic self, and the chance to work with some of the best in the business. All of that for the goal to promote entrepreneurship and help merchants thrive no matter where they are in their journey to independence.
What do you do here?
- Your job is to extend Shopify’s reach and impact. Mutually beneficial deals with strategic ecosystem players are born out of your superpower.
- You are looking for opportunities with large technology and channel players in the SEA e-commerce space. While you may understand agencies and SMBs in the ecosystem, you will focus on larger scale wins.
- You understand the journey of entrepreneurship and e-commerce in SEA, and find ways to reduce friction in that journey for merchants.
- You will be a bridge between our SEA and global teams, who support you with principles and best practices for your craft. You will surface where those principles need flexibility.
- You will build compelling business cases that align with SEA and Shopify’s goals. You will conduct business planning, use data to inform decisions, and follow through with impact and performance tracking.
- You will work cross functionally and regionally, learning and contributing to the Shopify APAC knowledge pool.
Who are you?
- You worked in the E-commerce / Internet industry, and have a strong understanding of SEA e-commerce ecosystems. That means payment systems, logistics, key apps, and channels relevant to SEA.
- You understand how to get things done with large companies, navigating complex orgs. You have successfully originated and executed growth-centric deals with these entities before.
- You have experience in management consulting, project management, business development in a top tier consultancy, software company, startup or a similar organization. You have strong business acumen and an ability to find shared wins. Experience in SaaS is a plus.
- You have demonstrated strong stakeholder management skills in key projects across internal functions and with external partners and possess the ability to work with a diverse set of people.
- You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and dig deep into complex problems.
- In addition to English, fluency in a second relevant language is a plus.
- You have experience working for a global company and are excellent in executing across time zones and cultures.
- You have an entrepreneurial mind; if you’ve started a business of your own before, that would be great.
- You believe in leading by influence, not authority.
We understand that applying to a new role takes time and effort, and we thank you for this. If your experience is this close then please do consider applying.
To apply for this job please visit www.shopify.com.