At Automattic, we believe in making the web a better place. We’re the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Tumblr, Simplenote, WordPress VIP, and more, and we’re looking for seasoned Brand/Creative Designers to keep the web free and open with us.
You’ll join a diverse design team and work closely with marketers, engineers, and customer support from around the world in a fully remote company to launch creative marketing and brand work, supporting products that make online publishing and commerce accessible to everyone.
What you’ll do
- Work independently and collaboratively on exceptional concepts, creative ideas, and visual design for marketing campaigns to promote our brands across various digital and traditional channels and mediums.
- Actively evolve and contribute to brand and marketing design systems, creative templates, and style guides to help our brand design team grow our skills and scale our practice.
- Work closely with the marketing and business teams on the development and validation of projects directly related to growing the business.
- Collaborate regularly with engineers and product designers to ship consistent, high-quality experiences across marketing and product.
- Manage and oversee project work with external creative contractors.
- Communicate and share often in written, verbal, and visual forms to create alignment and move the work towards implementation.
What we are looking for
- Extensive experience in brand and marketing creative design working on consumer brands or products in an agency or in-house environments.
- A design portfolio with examples of brand and web design work showing your keen eye for good design and attention to detail.
- Proactive attitude in leading big design changes and being comfortable to challenge the status quo.
- Ability to take projects from creation to final execution, managing and prioritizing multiple projects with various stakeholders.
- Strategic problem-solving skills and a capacity to switch between creative storytelling and systems thinking.
- Experience creating or working with existing illustrations is a plus.
- A genuine interest and familiarity with some of our products and the open-source community.
- Familiarity with remote work (or excitement to try it!).
How we work
We’re a global, distributed workforce in over 70 countries. We value open source, prioritize transparent communication, believe that good ideas can (and do) come from anywhere, so we encourage Automatticians to work together across positions and roles. Together we create, develop, and care for a collection of digital products and services that are committed to democratizing publishing and commerce.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.