As an Appen independent agent you will have the flexibility to schedule your own hours to fit your lifestyle and to work around your career and family demands. You are given complete freedom to choose when and how much you would like to work. Never again will you have to rearrange your personal activities to fit a rigid work schedule. For any given day, you are free to work more or less time. You are in control.
All Appen independent agents enjoy competitive pay as independent contractors. And there are never any complicated payment schemes or calculations to deal with.
Appen independent agents conduct in depth internet-based research and provide information evaluation for leading companies from around the globe. Ideal candidates are self-reliant, self-motivated, are very internet savvy, have a broad range of interests and enjoy online research and evaluation.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to become an Appen agent.
- High speed internet access (Cable Modem, DSL, etc.)
- A personal computer running Google’s free Chrome web browser
- Up to date anti-virus and anti-spyware software
- Excellent web research skills and analytical abilities
- Excellent comprehension and written communication skills
- Some Appen independent agent assignments require fluency in a language other than English. For these assignments, independent agents will be required to pass a language assessment exam.
Here examples of some of the opportunities that may be available:
- Search Media Evaluation (Work with the world’s top search engine companies)
- Social Media Evaluation (Help improve social media around the globe)
- Survey and Data Collection (Short projects that last from 15 minutes to three hours)
- Linguistic Specialties (Text to Speech, Computational, Phonetics, Pronunciation, Annotation, etc.)
- Lexicon Annotation
- Speech Evaluation
Applicants must be self-motivated and internet savvy.
An Appen independent agent is an independent contractor that creates and manages their own business. Appen independent agents contract with Appen to provide search engine evaluation for Appen clients.
Appen contracts with independent agents to perform work available from our customers. Agents invoice Appen for each hour of work they complete.
Appen independent agents will invoice Appen for rendered services once per calendar month. Fees to independent agents are paid (via direct deposit) within 30 days of receipt of a valid invoice.
There is absolutely no cost to become an independent agent. Zero. Appen is compensated by our clients for the evaluation services provided to them. However, if you do not have the required computer equipment, Internet access, working space, etc. to perform your assignments you may need to purchase such items.
Appen does not charge a contractor’s fee or a registration fee of any kind.
Yes, to become an Appen independent agent, you are required to take and pass a three-part qualification exam. The exam tests both your theoretical and practical comprehension of search engine evaluation. The qualification exam is difficult and will require your full attention to complete successfully. Please be sure to allow sufficient time to complete the examination.
To apply for this job please visit connect.appen.com.